Radiance says hi

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 8:09 PM, MicCanberra said:

A beautiful day to be on the harbour and even better to be sailing out of it tonight.

We left early - round 4.30pm so still broad daylight and no nice sunsets etc. 

very smooth cruise. Barely a wave to be seen. Had to keep looking outside to check if we were even moving. 

Awesome entertainment for the entire time so I'm exhausted from constant gigs. 

FF5188B4-2311-4450-8BC2-85C372B9A582.jpeg

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

wow, a large line up for sure.

Yup the Choose Your Cruise line ups are choc a bloc. 

Entertainment in all sections of the ship from 11am to 2am every day. Non stop. The main headliners do a night each - two shows per night, plus all appear at the all star final night, plus interview panels and autograph signings etc. 

The non headliners all do 3-6 day and night shows through the trip. The headliners often pop in to jam with them. 

Its the second Bravo one I have done. Many people on board had done two to 5 of them along with multiple Rock the Boats and Cruisin Country. 

Edited by PerfectlyPerth

3 hours ago, Sallyandtex said:

Just wondering anyone who has been on the radiance lately what the shows have been?

Thinking of a trip next year in May-Sept and don't want the see that same we did 1.5 years ago, I heard someone on it last year saying they hadn't changed it in years!

I disembarked the other day but as you can see from my posts - it was a private charter cruise with all the performers booked specifically for the charter. I've only done the private chapters previously and likely to do so in the future. So I can't answer what it's like on a non charter. 

8 hours ago, Miss416 said:

We were on Radiance for her maiden voyage to Australia in 2011, then again in 2017 and the stage shows were identical.

oh thats disappointing, I wonder if they have been changed this year?

We are looking at a longer-than-our -usual cruise Hawaii thru pacific islands to Syd and wouldnt want to see the same shows if can choose a different boat.

I think that's one of the biggest achillies heals with cruise lines here in Oz. It's ok to see & hear the same song's sung by the musicians. The comedians do change there material & you get a new ones all the time. The hypnotisit's are all the same (boring); The magicians are the same ever time i cruise. Even they changed the magician, had the same name & same trick's. but new magician. # times they have done this...

But worst has to be the show's same-ones for 7 years or 4 in my case...Over the same dancing, song's stage prop's.

Sorry to whinge; but since there's so many newbies cruising all the time, there not going to change...

On 11/25/2018 at 2:48 AM, Miss416 said:

We were on Radiance for her maiden voyage to Australia in 2011, then again in 2017 and the stage shows were identical.

You must be young. When you get to my age its all new! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1