Upgrades?

mvh

How likely is it to get an upgrade on MSC when the ship has several open cabins in just about all categories?  Do they ever call or is there any where to request an upgrade like RCI or NCL?  Do guaranteed rooms have a better chance?  I'm not expecting something for nothing, but it always nice to here from the upgrade fairy.  Yes, I do know the difference between an upgrade and an upsell.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mvh said:

How likely is it to get an upgrade on MSC when the ship has several open cabins in just about all categories?  Do they ever call or is there any where to request an upgrade like RCI or NCL?  Do guaranteed rooms have a better chance?  I'm not expecting something for nothing, but it always nice to here from the upgrade fairy.  Yes, I do know the difference between an upgrade and an upsell.

Highly unlikely!

• Like 1

My last MSC cruise we got a very reasonable upsell fro a fantastica balcony to the YC for a total of $500.00. Haven't heard anything yet even though there are several YC cabins still available, and we sail Sunday. I called about an upsell, and the answer I got was no, at least not yet.

22 hours ago, mvh said:

We got upgraded from Aurea to YC at no cost, but we didn't find out until we were on board. That was on Splendida in the Med last year.

4 hours ago, deliver42 said:

My last MSC cruise we got a very reasonable upsell fro a fantastica balcony to the YC for a total of $500.00. Haven't heard anything yet even though there are several YC cabins still available, and we sail Sunday. I called about an upsell, and the answer I got was no, at least not yet.

Interesting, did you just call the main booking number to ask?

42 minutes ago, Nimloth said:

We got upgraded from Aurea to YC at no cost, but we didn't find out until we were on board. That was on Splendida in the Med last year.

42 minutes ago, Nimloth said:

4 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Look very carefully at the quantity of various types of cabins on the ship.  When I decided to book a cruise on Seaside, I had read that if you book an OV, you are quite likely to be upgraded to a balcony.  I went to the deck plans and saw that there were only 38 Bella OV and 36 Fantastica OV (plus 8 Fantastica HC and six wellness).  And 1315 balconies.  I rolled the dice and booked a Fantastica OV and got assigned a Fantastica balcony on deck 14.  So,, possibility of an upgrade depends on what you book.  EM

This January I ordered two Fantastica inside cabins in one booking directly from MSC and both cabins are upgraded to YC with full amentaties, like access to YC lounge and restaurant, free SPA area etc. Even the minibars were free even though we had only Fantastica.

Another booking they upgraded an inner cabin to a balcony. I have cruised with MSC six times so far. So one out of three times the lady Fortuna smiles upon me.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:48 AM, Essiesmom said:

Look very carefully at the quantity of various types of cabins on the ship.  When I decided to book a cruise on Seaside, I had read that if you book an OV, you are quite likely to be upgraded to a balcony.  I went to the deck plans and saw that there were only 38 Bella OV and 36 Fantastica OV (plus 8 Fantastica HC and six wellness).  And 1315 balconies.  I rolled the dice and booked a Fantastica OV and got assigned a Fantastica balcony on deck 14.  So,, possibility of an upgrade depends on what you book.  EM

Now that is information I will remember.  Too late for this cruise, but it goes into the cubby hole in my mind.

Jim

Well, I got my wish I booked a Guaranteed inside Fantastica and just got my room assignment for a balcony room on The Preziosa next September. However, it is a Bella location balcony, but it says Fantastica experience. Is the normal? Should I have received the same experience location or should I just  shut up and be greatfull? Do I get any perks with Fantastica other than free room service that I will  never use? Any vouchers that I am unaware of? Doesn’t look like it, but who knows with all of the changes.