wines by the glas--Breakaway

lovetotraveltx

17 hours ago, lovetotraveltx said:

I searched all different ways and can't find a wine list for the breakaway, by the glass, only bottle prices. Does one exist? Wanted to see if there is a good selection under the $15 udp limit. Thank you!

I suggest you buy a bottle and have them serve you a glass and then they will store it, then you just ask for it the next night and repeat it till finished. Or you can bring it to your room. They have a good selection.

Or you can buy a bottle at home and bring it on and pay corkage fee, You can then take it the restaurants.

1 hour ago, FranknBeans said:

I suggest you buy a bottle and have them serve you a glass and then they will store it, then you just ask for it the next night and repeat it till finished. Or you can bring it to your room. They have a good selection.

Or you can buy a bottle at home and bring it on and pay corkage fee, You can then take it the restaurants.

If you are using the UBP you have to get wine by the glass. Can't using the package for a bottle of wine

19 hours ago, lovetotraveltx said:

I searched all different ways and can't find a wine list for the breakaway, by the glass, only bottle prices. Does one exist? Wanted to see if there is a good selection under the $15 udp limit. Thank you!

Guessing that you are taking the Breakaway out of New Orleans and coming from just across the border (Texas). If you are driving, I would suggest bringing whatever number of bottles of your favorite brand and paying the corkage fee. You also have the option to pick up the bottles in New Orleans. I think either would be a win-win.

We're just off the Getaway last week.  The by-the-glass list on the UBP is pretty limited (usually 1-2 glasses of varietal).  We are red drinkers and found that the best bets covered by the package were Hogue Merlot or Ill Borro Ferragamo Borrigiano.  Essentially all were were $8-$14 bottles (which makes it comical that NCL would charge that much per glass!).  The "upcharge" glasses were usually $17.50 (so you would pay $2.50 plus gratuity per glass).  If you are a wino and cannot do with the kind of choices I describe, I suggest bringing your own and paying corkage.  We got by fine without the hassle of carrying on wine, BUT...  the weak wine selection gives Celebrity and Princess a big advantage in this area.

Edited by KurtMo

16 hours ago, realnurse2 said:

I don't have the list, but from experience I can tell you there isn't much under $15 (outrageous) that doesn't taste like radiator fluid.

I agree,  the wines included on the beverage package are pretty bad.  Of the reds I thought the Merlot was the best and it was still not that good.  I even talked to the maitre d/head waiter in a couple of the specialty restaurants and they were in agreement about the wine selection being really poor.