Yacht Club laundry

rojojacko

I've searched but can't find the answer. We're sailing in the Yacht Club, our first time, next April on Preziosa's transatlantic crossing and no doubt will need some laundry as it's about a 3 week voyage. A recent email from MSC invited us to pre-book items, including laundry, and save money.  However, when investigating it says that 'this cannot be combined with Yacht Club offers'. Does anyone know what YC offers there may be on laundry, I do realise that it's not included in the YC package. 

Many thanks. 

Rob

There are YC laundry offers onboard, usually a discount on dry cleaning or ironing for individual items. We investigated and asked exactly the same question for a transatlantic on Preziosa. The YC offers do not relate to the pre booked laundry packages, assuming you mean the 20/30 items washed and ironed deals.  We sail next week so I'll add it to my list of things to check out.

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

There are YC laundry offers onboard, usually a discount on dry cleaning or ironing for individual items. We investigated and asked exactly the same question for a transatlantic on Preziosa. The YC offers do not relate to the pre booked laundry packages, assuming you mean the 20/30 items washed and ironed deals.  We sail next week so I'll add it to my list of things to check out.

I would love some info on this as well.  Trying to figure out if there's a benefit to purchasing the laundry package ahead of time, or wait until we board Seaside.  We'll also be in YC and have status matched to Black.  Are there any laundry discounts for Black card members?

16 minutes ago, jules815 said:

I would love some info on this as well.  Trying to figure out if there's a benefit to purchasing the laundry package ahead of time, or wait until we board Seaside.  We'll also be in YC and have status matched to Black.  Are there any laundry discounts for Black card members?

We were on in March, and prepurchased a package.  It was cheaper than buying it on board.  There were no significant discounts offered during the cruise, and no discount specifically for YC or Black card.  It really was quite cheap for the package.

11 minutes ago, JAGR said:

We were on in March, and prepurchased a package.  It was cheaper than buying it on board.  There were no significant discounts offered during the cruise, and no discount specifically for YC or Black card.  It really was quite cheap for the package.

Great, thank you.  Yes, I thought the packages looked very reasonable too.

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

We will be going on the Divina (YC) for 21 days which are actually back to back Caribbean cruises.  I just looked online and there are no precruise laundry packages offered for our cruise.  

Hank

Keep looking Hank there are packages on that BTB as we did them in Jan/Feb and bought the largest package.  It is a good deal and they do a good job on shirts and slacks.  

Thanks for all of your advice. I am leaning towards pre-purchasing a laundry package but will hold off for a week or so to hear what cruisingfox's experience is. Very much looking forward to our first YC experience, laundry or not!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Just back from YC on Preziosa, there were a couple of offers on dry cleaning but no other specials. We got on really well with our pre booked laundry package, worked really well and very good value.

Completely off topic, but can you confirm whether or not the sun beds in YC sundeck have cushions. All videos/photos I have seen suggest not, and without them it looks somewhat uncomfortable. Meraviglia has identical sunbeds, but cushions are placed on them for your comfort!

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

No cushions on the sunbeds I'm afraid. Did get a little uncomfortable after a while. 

20181122_150753.jpg

Thanks for that, my wife has a back problem so now I need to find something portable to take with us that will provide more comfort!

I purchased the 40 piece laundry package as someone else suggested this package as a good deal and none offered onboard matched it. We are thinking of doing a short land vacation after the cruise so this was perfect for us to use toward the end of the cruise. We wish the Platinum free laundry offer on NCL was also a Black offer on MSC.

I read on another thread that laundry has to be sent in 20-item batches.  Is that correct?  So if I get a 40-item laundry package, I essentially get 2 shots at 20 items each ?  Would like to know as we will do a 21 day TA in November 2019.👕

On MSC Preziosa in YC (December 2016) the laundry package was promoted in cabin as $5 less than price on MSC system. They explained that it was impossible to charge the advertised lower price!!! I "must" pay the high amount and they would "see what they could do". Got a call later saying they had found a solution. A full refund of laundry charges! Crazy. but made me very happy. Sometimes there's no logic with MSC. 

On 11/13/2018 at 8:45 PM, CarolnLarry said:

Keep looking Hank there are packages on that BTB as we did them in Jan/Feb and bought the largest package.  It is a good deal and they do a good job on shirts and slacks.  

Thought we would post a follow up

from the Divina YC.  There are no special packages other then the usual 20/30 piece deals.  Of course this could vary from cruise to cruise but it’s the way it is for our back to back voyages.  That being said our laundry service was excellent with even underwear being nicely folded.

Hank

23 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

What about a yoga mat which you could fold over or a lilo, if you partially inflated it it would bend and provide support? 

Yes, these are options, thanks for that. We board Prez in Barbados, with a couple of days pre-cruise so we will look to try and purchase something suitable there. It beggars belief that the incredibly comfy cushions provided in Meraviglia YC are not available across the fleet YC's.....very poor form!