Serious incident on Royal

DushiDushi

10 hours ago, CruiseNut24 said:

Here is what I found on line.  Appears women was pushed or fell from deck 15 or 16.

Copy and paste in your browser,  link did not seem to work

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2018/11/articles/maritime-death/passenger-dies-fall-royal-princess/

Thanks for passing on the news article.  What a terrible situation.

When we go on vacation, we expect that only happy events happen.  It is a extremely sad reminder that bad things happen even while we are on vacation.  RIP, thoughts and prayers to the family, the other passengers, and the crew.  Such a sad event. 

11 minutes ago, texascat said:

When we go on vacation, we expect that only happy events happen.  It is a extremely sad reminder that bad things happen even while we are on vacation.  RIP, thoughts and prayers to the family, the other passengers, and the crew.  Such a sad event. 

I think that’s true about happy events.  My 2 cents, is that we forget that there are 3,000 more or less people who come with their own “baggage”.  Some people also hope a vacation will fix things.  Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn’t.  My happy trip is I, I don’t have to cook or clean and around me is a small city of people with their various issues, values, morals etc.  Those  don’t change just because you vacation.  

While it is troubling and sad when stuff happens at what should be happy times, I’m not surprised.  Well with that said we are heading off for 20 days on the Crown.  Happy thanksgiving to all.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mediator said:

My 2 cents, is that we forget that there are 3,000 more or less people who come with their own “baggage”.  Some people also hope a vacation will fix things.  Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn’t.  

Very true...  we forget that a cruise ship is nothing but a small city, and microcosm of the world around us.  There is love.... hate... happyness... sadness... life... and unfortunately, death.   We always go on a cruise with a positive and friendly attitude, and try our best to show love and appreciation for everyone... especially the crew.

• Like 1

As a good place to murder someone... it would be reasonable to assume maybe it was not planned, but happened during an argument, etc.  Just sayin it is possible.  After all, based on what we know, she could have also survived if she hit things differently.

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

I would not be at all surprised that whatever happened was video recorded.

from http://curacaochronicle.com/region/police-investigating-possible-murder-on-royal-princess/?fbclid=IwAR34ji8Qwn_3Ohpk-3rdb5xy6GyZHwLVTkxXOLzhmNCZSOJUNvB2Az4e-GE

Local Media in Aruba report that a “muscular” man was struggling with the woman and suddenly began choking her. After that, he reportedly pushed her over the railing. Ships Security provided the police with the video footage. There are indications that video cameras have captured the moment in which the man had pushed the woman over the railing. Aruba Police (Korps Politie Aruba) have confirmed the tragic event and will perform an autopsy, to determine the cause of death.

4 hours ago, garycarla said:

As a good place to murder someone... it would be reasonable to assume maybe it was not planned, but happened during an argument, etc.  Just sayin it is possible.  After all, based on what we know, she could have also survived if she hit things differently.

I would hazard a guess that indeed, it was not planned and that large amounts of alcohol was consumed prior to the incident.

7 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Now I’ve had arguments with people over the years and I’ve consumed alcohol over the years, but I have not murdered anyone.

So, please don’t justify murder with either of these tired excuses. 

Who said I was justifying? My DH has been a LEO for over 30 years - there is no way I would ever say there is a justification for murder. 

Oh and just an FYI, I too have consumed alcohol and had arguments without committing murder. It's unbelievable that you interpreted my comment in any way, shape or form that I was justifying murder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Be careful what you post here.  So far I have seen where USA Today and Newsweek Magazine have quoted people from this thread citing this thread as their source.  The press is watching what you say here.  Speculation and gossip here may end up getting you more involved than you wanted.  Just a word of advice and free advice is often worth what you paid for it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, caribill said:

from http://curacaochronicle.com/region/police-investigating-possible-murder-on-royal-princess/?fbclid=IwAR34ji8Qwn_3Ohpk-3rdb5xy6GyZHwLVTkxXOLzhmNCZSOJUNvB2Az4e-GE

Local Media in Aruba report that a “muscular” man was struggling with the woman and suddenly began choking her. After that, he reportedly pushed her over the railing. Ships Security provided the police with the video footage. There are indications that video cameras have captured the moment in which the man had pushed the woman over the railing. Aruba Police (Korps Politie Aruba) have confirmed the tragic event and will perform an autopsy, to determine the cause of death.

Thanks for that information. 

MSN Homepage

Travel Section

Travel News

Travel Pulse

"FBI Investigating Death on Cruise Ship"

excerpt - "One of the passengers on the voyage posted on Cruise Critic that police officers and forensic technicians from Aruba boarded the ship once it arrived on the island Tuesday. Passengers were not permitted to leave the ship until authorities arrived."