Grand Princess - Monterey Tue Nov 13 - Itinerary?

Smokeyham

I'm visiting Monterey, California and woke up this morning to the very nice sight of the Grand Princess at anchor in the harbor.  I am curious about what itinerary (Hawaiin, Coastal California, or???) the ship is on. 

Since the cruise is already underway the itinerary is not visible on the Princess website, and the roll call is no longer visible on CruiseCritic.

Thanks for any info.

UPDATE..... Correction on the ship....  Found the website for Princess Bridge Cams (https://www.princess.com/bridgecams/) and found that it is the Ruby Princess.

Still am curious about the itinerary if anyone can tell me.

Thanks.

Ruby Bridge Cam 2018 11-13.jpg

Edited by Smokeyham

1 minute ago, lstone19 said:

As you figured out, it's Ruby. It's on a seven-night California Coastal cruise from Los Angelas. LA-Sea-San Francisco-Monterey-Sea-San Diego-Ensenada-LA.

LStone19 - Thanks very much.  Wonderful to open the hotel room curtains this morning and to see her at anchor in the middle of Monterey Bay.   

We did the Ruby on a California Coastal this year and loved it! Our stop in Monterey was wonderful.  Both the Grand and Ruby are doing the California Coastal cruises, but the Grand stops in Santa Barbara instead of Monterey.  I think I prefer the Monterey stop, even though I'm local.  🙂 

On 11/13/2018 at 8:05 AM, lstone19 said:

As you figured out, it's Ruby. It's on a seven-night California Coastal cruise from Los Angelas. LA-Sea-San Francisco-Monterey-Sea-San Diego-Ensenada-LA.

Out of interest.... Where were you able to find the itinerary of a ship that is currently cruising?  I looked at the Princess website, but only saw itineraries for future cruises.

2 hours ago, Smokeyham said:

Out of interest.... Where were you able to find the itinerary of a ship that is currently cruising?  I looked at the Princess website, but only saw itineraries for future cruises.

cruisetimetables.com shows the current cruise of all ships. Plus I have the advantage of having my father on Ruby this cruise so I’m very aware of where it is this week.

Unfortunately, Princess apparently views their website as only about marketing future cruises. A cruise that has departed is no longer for sale so no reason to have it on there.  They apparently see no value in providing information for someone who sees one of their ship’s and is curious about where it’s going even though they maybe possible future customers.

Roll calls for cruises that have already sailed can be found by going directly to the Princess Roll Calls board for that particular ship rather than using the clickbait-filled 'Find Your Roll Call' tool:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/63-princess-roll-calls/

Itineraries for current (and most all year-to-date previous) cruises can be found on the Princess website by viewing either the brochure for that particular region, or the annual Cruise Atlas:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/brochureList.page?selectedBrochures= (scroll to bottom for current year items)

Now isn't finding a solution a lot easier than coming up with a ranting conspiracy theory as to why Princess allegedly refuses to share information about past cruises? :classic_dry:

36 minutes ago, fishywood said:

Now isn't finding a solution a lot easier than coming up with a ranting conspiracy theory as to why Princess allegedly refuses to share information about past cruises? :classic_dry:

"Ranting conspiracy theory"? Wow, just wow. Anyway, I'm out of this discussion.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Is there a better time of year to take the California Coastal cruise;  I am asking about weather conditions.  Thanks

AF-1

I would recommend late September or early October.  Fall in California is later in the year out here than back east, and the fog that you can get during the summer in San Francisco is kept out to sea by the winds that blow west from the Sacramento Valley. 

Normally by now (mid-November) we have had our first rains, but as you are seeing on the news this has been an unusually long/dry summer.