Edgie Art On The Edge: A Feast For The Senses!

vtcruising

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Could not find any info about the artist of this piece...not sure what it is made of

It's funny because it was posted on a social media site this morning and I posted it here. When I went back to that site a couple of hours later, it had been taken down. I wonder why?

On 11/14/2018 at 6:53 PM, vtcruising said:

Exposed Corridor:

image.thumb.png.a96b3a51e15a8a5d0fef5eae9159c163.png

Eden:

image.thumb.png.25b6585ef3ebfe0828f56f57f5fa7e9e.png

These are two of my favorites. I’m fascinated with the exposed wall, and can’t wait to see it. These green objects in Eden appeared on another thread a few days ago, and I didn’t comment on them at the time. They make me happy, because I can’t help smiling when I see them. They’re very organic looking, resembling long, twisted grasses. I wonder if they’re meant to be artistic trays for potted plants. 

1 minute ago, Silkroad said:

These are two of my favorites. I’m fascinated with the exposed wall, and can’t wait to see it. These green objects in Eden appeared on another thread a few days ago, and I didn’t comment on them at the time. They make me happy, because I can’t help smiling when I see them. They’re very organic looking, resembling long, twisted grasses. I wonder if they’re meant to be artistic trays for potted plants. 

I would bet that the wall is much more amazing in person. Being able to see and touch what we usually can't see will be cool.

The green Seuss-like items do look like they have holes for plants - I hadn't noticed that before. I think Eden will also look much better in person. I actually am pretty excited to see it. I think I will enjoy being surrounded by the plants, gorgeous views and whimsical art and furniture.

It's funny, but I was thinking today about how I have never been excited to sail a ship because of the art onboard. It has always been a pleasant addition to my cruise experience in the past, but not a main attraction like it is for me on this ship.

18 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I would bet that the wall is much more amazing in person. Being able to see and touch what we usually can't see will be cool.

The green Seuss-like items do look like they have holes for plants - I hadn't noticed that before. I think Eden will also look much better in person. I actually am pretty excited to see it. I think I will enjoy being surrounded by the plants, gorgeous views and whimsical art and furniture.

It's funny, but I was thinking today about how I have never been excited to sail a ship because of the art onboard. It has always been a pleasant addition to my cruise experience in the past, but not a main attraction like it is for me on this ship.

Haha it’s great that you mentioned Seuss! I thought of Whoville (as I have with a few other pieces on board) but didn’t think anyone else saw it😁  I love the variety and quality of the art on all the Celebrity ships I’ve sailed (S-class & M-class) so I expected to be wowed by Edge class also. I do especially love the organic elements  in the art pieces and the design of the public spaces on Edge. 

Acupuncture gone wrong ...... The drilled holes into the nice sculpture, esp the eyes,  are  disturbing.

Not all of the art to be featured on board thrills me but may appeal to others. Wonder who is curating it all...

I  can just pass it by.,....and focus on the items that make artistic  sense to me,,,

Edited by hcat

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

Could not find anything about this artist.....

The artist's name is Hedi  Xandt. Apollo Rey is a series of sculptures by the artist involving heads that are “pierced”. She's a German born Norwegian artist.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

The artist's name is Hedi  Xandt. Apollo Rey is a series of sculptures by the artist involving heads that are “pierced”. She's a German born Norwegian artist.

Thanks .....Just too wierd for me....that and the faceless  tall people.

..this evokes a feeling that the artist may be living in great pain....nothing   good about a stick in the eye...we won't let it detract from a nice dinner in Tuscan  or BLU with wierd tall carvings..

There is definitely lots of beautiful and happy art on EDEN ...

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I'm not sure where this imposing guy is located.

image.thumb.png.08bed7db3f39a17f3787220165634798.png

I like the heart necklace...burgundy is the color scarf I am bringing along to brighten up the cabin...will go nice with the turquoise

Love the butterfly piece above