GTY Balcony on Bliss - Randomly Assigned Handicap Cabin

lonzwinery

I locked in a reservation for a guarantee (GTY) balcony room on the Bliss, and noticed I was randomly assigned a handicap cabin, which I was surprised to see (I am not handicap, nor do I want to take a handicap cabin from someone that truly needs one).

Anyhow, the cabin number is 14260. In looking at the deck plans, it's not entirely clear to me in terms of what exactly is different about this room. Is it bigger? I noticed the deck plans show a little white space between 14260 and 14262 (please see pic). Does this mean the room is bigger, along with a bigger deck? Curious if anyone has ever stayed in one, and if so, what's different about this cabin?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 5.28.56 PM.png

• 3 months later...

Just curious if you have taken your cruise yet and if they kept you in the accessible room?  The same thing happened to us and we are sailing in March.  We booked last April and we were assigned our room in July and it was accessible.  I was surprised and concerned about someone wanting that room that really needs it. 

Thanks

We were assigned to a handicap mini suite  sail away rate on deck 10.  It’s the exact same room as the handicap balcony right next door. Deck plans show the mini suite as larger but they’re inaccurate. The location of these rooms is EXCELLENT and the additional balcony space was nice. The interior of these rooms is definitely functional  for someone in a wheelchair.  A bit institutional feeling if you’re not in need of the accessibility. No sofa, no chair with arms. Just one stool type chair and a footstool and a bed. When looking at the outside of the ship it appears to have two sliding doors however on the inside of the room the extra slider is boxed in with paneling. I suppose there’s a slight chance that someone would need the room but I tried to switch out prior to sailing and because it was a sail away rate I was told we were not able to change.The cabin door to hallway is an automatic and slow opening/closing mechanism.  If you’re trying to sneak out when your partner is asleep there’s a slight chance you will be able to quickly close the door if you only open a crack, slide out quickly and pull door shut.  If it opens up more than a few inches it’ll go through an agonizing process of fully opening and waiting for what seems like forever to slowly shut. Here’s pictures of your room. Just so you don’t freak out like I did- If the phone or doorbell rings strobe lights flash (in case you’re deaf). I thought it was emergency evacuation or something when someone rang door to deliver the lattitude strawberries at 10pm and I was asleep. You can ask your steward to bring you a chair with arms. Bathroom is large and shower is roll in. No issues with drainage. And the white space in between these rooms is a supply closet for stewards. No noise issues. 

CF63AFDD-6B09-4FBE-88C5-EB6B00B7359F.jpeg

481DCD90-9685-49DB-ADA9-2EDBC71EE11F.jpeg

4BB99350-A34D-4A1C-A14E-75F0C356A281.jpeg

76D116CD-2757-42B2-8B3B-CF7287495A50.jpeg

07E4E0BD-2F00-4503-9270-815DD06C8CEB.jpeg

791940D7-9B1E-4F21-B57C-7587A241C401.jpeg

Edited by littlelulu01