Genoa - Hotel Bristol Palace or Grand Hotel Savoia???

cparker01

8 hours ago, cparker01 said:

Can't decide on which hotel to stay at after our cruise in June 2019. First time in Genoa would love to here opinions of those who've stayed at either location! Thanks

The hotel Grand Savoia is absolutely brilliant. We managed to get a great deal for an executive suite just less than €100 per person per night.

The suite was fantastic and the buffet breakfast extremely good. The staff were as good as you can get, helpful; and knowledgeable 

The hotel is within walking distance of the cruise terminal, even when rolling your cases, I did it.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel both for its facilities and ambience as well as the convenience of its location.

It is on the edge of the old city which is a delight to walk around

P1050834.jpg

P1050835.jpg

P1050836.jpg

WALK%20TO%20HOTEL.jpg

Pete

• Like 1

Thank you Pete! The map really helps. I didn't realize how close to the port it is to the Grand Savoia. You really did get a good deal, my quoted price is 277 euros ( family of 4) a night. We are staying in the yatch club so really want a nice hotel to end our trip. We'll be staying two nights after the cruise.

11 hours ago, Skier52 said:

The hotel Grand Savoia is absolutely brilliant. We managed to get a great deal for an executive suite just less than €100 per person per night.

Pete

Im considering to book Grand Savoia for a stay in front of our cruise in February. But I get a bit confused when I read your post, and regarding what I see on their web page. I dont see any executive suites, just executive double rooms, a "secret" suite and the presidential suite. The executive double room seems to go for around 160 EUR per night ( breakfast included), but the suites goes for 390 EUR and 770 EUR per night. Where did you manage to book a executive suite at Grand Savoia? 

Thanks in advance!

10 hours ago, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

Im considering to book Grand Savoia for a stay in front of our cruise in February. But I get a bit confused when I read your post, and regarding what I see on their web page. I dont see any executive suites, just executive double rooms, a "secret" suite and the presidential suite. The executive double room seems to go for around 160 EUR per night ( breakfast included), but the suites goes for 390 EUR and 770 EUR per night. Where did you manage to book a executive suite at Grand Savoia? 

Thanks in advance!

Booking .com

4 hours ago, plucasana said:

Brilliant map, thank you @skier52!!!

do you happen to remember the price for the taxi (if you usd one) from the airport?

thanks again!!!

37 euros. which included 2 euros added for the cases. for a taxi TO the airport

Pete

• Like 1