Your favorite food On Princess

josephml1

a couple more:

French toast in the dining room -

39013396141_0133ddc74b_z.jpg

Rice pudding served at lunch one day - it was one of the best I've ever had despite the presence of nefarious raisins

25143075878_98b594b951_z.jpg

Muffeletta Sandwich at lunch in the MDR. So good

38297827604_7103bb03eb_z.jpg

Edited by meatloafsfan

I’m glad someone mentioned the goat cheese souffle! It is incredible.  Love love love it

I'm also a big fan of the creme brûlée.  

We were on the Crown for 10 days in the Med this fall and every night in the main dining room our table was very happy. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 11:20 PM, jennybenny said:

The Parmesan basket that used to come with the fettuccine Alfredo that now needs to be requested a day in advance to get "tomorrow"  🙂

I only had a chance to have the basket once and it was fantastic.  I didn't know you could do this!  Is it available on all ships if you request a day ahead?

Pooh

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 11:44 PM, By The Bay said:

Love them or hate them, Escargots for me. Love them. ☺️

Love the escargot!  Also, the hard rolls.  I would prefer those rolls and butter to any of the cake / pastries!

On 11/14/2018 at 7:26 PM, rkacruiser said:

Fettucine Alfredo is my Princess favorite.  Looking forward to it being available as a "daily available item" if what I have been told it still is.

One of our favorites too--even if it is not on the menu--ask for it.  We usually ask for a small order as a side dish.

On 11/15/2018 at 1:13 PM, mcrcruiser said:

Maine lobster tail & filet minion in the Crown grill :classic_biggrin:

If you have ever had fresh lobster in NE Canada or US, then that is good lobster tail.  I have not had one good lobster tail on any ship of any line as it is usually defrosted!  If lobster tail free, then will get and have a chewy time reiminiscing on really good lobster, but otherwise please skip it.  The meats at the Crown Grill are better than anywhere else on the ship and we eat there at least once a cruise, but not Ruth Chris quality, but not bad.  As others have noted, the onion soup is pretty good!

Pooh

1 hour ago, PoohUnderstands said:

I only had a chance to have the basket once and it was fantastic.  I didn't know you could do this!  Is it available on all ships if you request a day ahead?

Pooh

We've only tried on Grand and Ruby and had success.  Someone posted it's not all ships.  I would just ask the head waiter in your section for a special request.  We've never been turned down for a special request. 🙂 

On 11/14/2018 at 10:54 PM, hllwdcruiser said:

I love having smoked salmon and capers with my breakfast in the buffet. 

Creme Brûlée is my go to dessert

You just made my vacation!  Leisurely breakfast with smokes salmon and a spicy bloody mary! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nee Nee and Biddy said:

I love the goat cheese soufflé! I also really enjoyed these little chicken morsels we got on the Regal but I’m not sure what they were called. Anyone know? Looking forward to having more in December! 

195C87C4-5674-4594-A0DC-DC6DAD660DDA.jpeg

Chicharrones de pollo!

On 11/14/2018 at 9:33 PM, knittertwitter said:

Oh my word, I loathe the prime rib!  It is always fatty and gross.  Once made the mistake of ordering it.  Never again.

FWIW we do not like Prime Rib anywhere - just don't like the texture or fat content. Much prefer a Rib Eye for texture.

2 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

FWIW we do not like Prime Rib anywhere - just don't like the texture or fat content. Much prefer a Rib Eye for texture.

alright Debbie Downers, this thread is about  Your favorite food On Princess

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

It is the same piece of meat - just cooked differently. Rib eyes come from Rib Roasts which are also Prime Rib roasts.

To get rib eye steaks - you take a rib roast (also prime rib roast) and cut it into rib eye steaks.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2