Port Everglades Parking

LBFlorida

Our favorite Florida Port.  Download the app (unofficial) CruiseSchedule Port Everglades, it lists all ships/dates/docks at Port Everglades.  Sometimes a ship will embark on one dock and debark at another so determine this prior to picking where you want to park.  Many options on the Port (lots near dock, central parking garage) and off the Port.  We like Park n' Fly, located right outside the Port entrance because they let you lock your car and take the keys (a little cheaper than the parking on Port itself) and they have quick drop off/pick up with shuttles to the ship.  Others have said they like Park n' Go also.  Port Everglades also one of the few that uses Mobile Passport app at debark/Customs; used it many times basically never waited more than 5 minutes at debark (using self assist) !        

I've used Park 'n Go a few times.  At first I was very happy with them.  I think they've become a victim of their own success.  The last time I used them the lot was very crowded, I had to leave my car keys with them (which I'm not all that comfortable with).  When picking up the car, the shuttle driver had to circle around the lot a few time before he was able to find some of the cars he was looking for (they had been moved).  

This time I'm going to just park at the pier.  The difference in cost isn't that great.

Edited by cruzmaven
spelling

4 hours ago, cruzmaven said:

I've used Park 'n Go a few times.  At first I was very happy with them.  I think they've become a victim of their own success.  The last time I used them the lot was very crowded, I had to leave my car keys with them (which I'm not all that comfortable with).  When picking up the car, the shuttle driver had to circle around the lot a few time before he was able to find some of the cars he was looking for (they had been moved).  

This time I'm going to just park at the pier.  The difference in cost isn't that great.

This is similar to my last experience. When we returned, the lot was very crowded and cars were parked, perpendicular to the cars parked in spaces, along one side of the various lanes. The space to drive along the lanes was very narrow and I suspect if you had a large SUV or truck, it was dicey to get out. In our case, we got stuck behind one of their shuttles which was dropping off passengers and luggage. There was barely enough room for it to navigate the lane. It took at least 15 minutes for us to get to the exit because of the shuttle.  I am most appreciative of the drop off service and the driver loading our luggage in our car. But, the lot was clearly overcrowded and the time it took for it to move around was considerable.

Edited by Straughn

6 hours ago, cruzmaven said:

I've always left my car key with them.  Never a problem.  And one time when my car got moved and we had to search for it for a while, they gave me a free parking night as compensation.  So I'm still a happy camper.  Parking there Saturday.

We've always used Park and Go in the past, but as others have mentioned, it was starting to get very crowded, and cars were pack in like sardines. You will save a few dollars.

The parking at the port is always plentiful, but sometimes the walk to the ship can be tough on my wife and dropping her off at the door with that madhouse is worse yet.

For the last few cruises we have been parking with Park and Fly.

They always seem to be a lot less crowded and you always park your own car, on a paved lot.

Also, our experience is that you do not have to wait and cram into the shuttle back. We have always been able to call and in a few minutes they come for us. They are no less expensive than the port parking, but do offer a AAA or AARP discount, so it saves a bit.

We will be utilizing them again on Monday.

• Like 1

We have used Park N Go and have also parked in the parking deck at the pier.  We prefer the parking deck.  Might be a little more expensive but is no hassle at all.  The experience pre and post cruise was easy peasy.  Walking to terminal pre-cruise was a matter of minutes.  Post-cruise, we were at our car and on our way also in minutes.

18 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've always left my car key with them.  Never a problem.  And one time when my car got moved and we had to search for it for a while, they gave me a free parking night as compensation.  So I'm still a happy camper.  Parking there Saturday.

Do you mean Sunday?  Aren’t you on our Silhouette Cruise?

4 hours ago, catugirl said:

We have used Park N Go and have also parked in the parking deck at the pier.  We prefer the parking deck.  Might be a little more expensive but is no hassle at all.  The experience pre and post cruise was easy peasy.  Walking to terminal pre-cruise was a matter of minutes.  Post-cruise, we were at our car and on our way also in minutes.

Well, everybody has to decide what works best for them.  I've also parked at the pier, but that means getting involved with all the pier traffic.  When I'm in the Park 'n Go shuttle, the driver has to deal with all of that and I just sit back and relax.  When I leave the Park 'n Go lot, I turn right and hit the freeway.  No port traffic.  So that's my preferred way.