Naughty room

slyster

So, just a funny story to share.  On my last cruise, I packed my wine in my check in bag.  I didn't know it should have been in my carry on bag.  After several hours of waiting for my bag, I asked my room steward about it.  He said it was possibly held downstairs (don't remember the deck) and I should go check there before we leave port.  I get down to the deck and I start asking crew members where the naughty room is?  No one had a clue what I was talking about (watched one guy ask another and they seemed clueless).  I said, "the room where you take our luggage if it has alcohol or other "naughty" stuff", "you know, the naughty room?"

All these years, I thought it was called the naughty room because of being on cruise critic.  The crew had a good laugh.  Come to find out it was just area near the stairs where there were a bunch of bags.  I was kind of excited to check this place out!  Nothing exciting about it though.  They checked my luggage for the two wine bottles and away I went.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, slyster said:

So, just a funny story to share.  On my last cruise, I packed my wine in my check in bag.  I didn't know it should have been in my carry on bag.  After several hours of waiting for my bag, I asked my room steward about it.  He said it was possibly held downstairs (don't remember the deck) and I should go check there before we leave port.  I get down to the deck and I start asking crew members where the naughty room is?  No one had a clue what I was talking about (watched one guy ask another and they seemed clueless).  I said, "the room where you take our luggage if it has alcohol or other "naughty" stuff", "you know, the naughty room?"

All these years, I thought it was called the naughty room because of being on cruise critic.  The crew had a good laugh.  Come to find out it was just area near the stairs where there were a bunch of bags.  I was kind of excited to check this place out!  Nothing exciting about it though.  They checked my luggage for the two wine bottles and away I went.

Cute...yeah we seem to have a language all our own here on CC.  😉 

On a different line we were put on the Naughty Mat and not allowed to board until headquarters were contacted and someone made an executive decision - our crime? Wanting to take a large piece of luggage that was only 3 inches larger than what would be considered oversize on an airplane. The bag weighed only 28 pounds so it wasn't overweight by any stretch of the imagination. The problem was that there was visible lettering that said "kayak" and the regs say that boats may not be taken onboard. After that little dust up the rules were changed and we have taken our trusty folding watercraft with us ever since.

• Haha 1

I was pulled into a room for having over the allowed amount of booze after a cruise so I could pay the extra duty. The poor young lady  ahead of me had her small bag opened by security and he proceeded to take the batteries out of her toy in front of the rest of us. Quite embarrassing for her I'm sure.

I got sent down there for wire hangers!  I tossed a few of those wire hangers from the cleaners in my case for extras (never enough and want to hang the clothes right away instead of waiting to get extras from cabin attendant).   They ran it through the scanner as I stood there, and immediately saw what they were without opening it and handed it to me.  Said it was fine.  Geezz guys...thanks for making me stand in line for half hour.  

From now on I take plastic hangers.  😉 

58 minutes ago, island lady said:

I got sent down there for wire hangers!  I tossed a few of those wire hangers from the cleaners in my case for extras (never enough and want to hang the clothes right away instead of waiting to get extras from cabin attendant).   They ran it through the scanner as I stood there, and immediately saw what they were without opening it and handed it to me.  Said it was fine.  Geezz guys...thanks for making me stand in line for half hour.  

From now on I take plastic hangers.  😉 

I went to the naughty room a few times. Oh wait, that was a three day R&R from Vietnam to Bangkok Thailand. 😉

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I went to the naughty room a few times. Oh wait, that was a three day R&R from Vietnam to Bangkok Thailand. 😉

Uh-oh...sounds like you were hanging out with Bucky over there.  You guys were probably buds!  😉 

18 hours ago, Me from ME said:

On a different line we were put on the Naughty Mat and not allowed to board until headquarters were contacted and someone made an executive decision - our crime? Wanting to take a large piece of luggage that was only 3 inches larger than what would be considered oversize on an airplane. The bag weighed only 28 pounds so it wasn't overweight by any stretch of the imagination. The problem was that there was visible lettering that said "kayak" and the regs say that boats may not be taken onboard. After that little dust up the rules were changed and we have taken our trusty folding watercraft with us ever since.

I had really good luck taking inflatable paddleboards on cruises for years but in 2017 we had a struggle with one so we stopped doing it.

What rules changed and when?

21 minutes ago, dada2199cc said:

I had really good luck taking inflatable paddleboards on cruises for years but in 2017 we had a struggle with one so we stopped doing it.

What rules changed and when?

Due to an "incident" with a inflatable paddleboard back in 2016 they were barred from being allowed to come on board.   Due to pending litigations I can not disclose more detail.  

(just kidding, I have no idea why they would be banned) 🙂

They eventually just let us board with it, it's not like I was going to inflate it on the ship, haha.  

I may try again next year -- I love finding a local cab driver to take me to a "local" beach and just pump them up and spend my day on the water without the crowds (or the $40/hour paddleboard rental costs).

Last week, one of my group had her travel iron confiscated, and at the end of the cruise, when she went to pick it up, someone's handcuffs were still awaiting end-of-cruise retrieval.   I'm not sure if they had a pineapple motif engraved.....   

26 minutes ago, Oceans4 said:

Last week, one of my group had her travel iron confiscated, and at the end of the cruise, when she went to pick it up, someone's handcuffs were still awaiting end-of-cruise retrieval.   I'm not sure if they had a pineapple motif engraved.....   

Last year, I had to go down and retrieve my husband's bag. It had a cord for his phone that looked suspicious.

Someone tried to bring on a Bowie knife. It was considerably large, and not what I would imagine needing on a Caribbean cruise.

17 hours ago, Cruisin4aTan said:

lol They might have been new crew. They learned something new from you. 🙂

Old crew. New crew. Wouldn’t make much of a difference. 

Crew member of 4 years here, and have only ever heard it called the ‘naughty room’ on here.

Onboard, it’s just security...