New Years Eve Cruises

GOODIES

You're with us!

This will be my second and from what I remember, there was a balloon drop for British New Years in the piazza and then dinner ensued, followed by a big deck party for real time New Years, party hats, noise makers, streamers and all.  It was a great time!

This will be one of the formal nights as well, so make sure you have some party attire.  

-Kara

11 minutes ago, karabear15 said:

You're with us!

This will be my second and from what I remember, there was a balloon drop for British New Years in the piazza and then dinner ensued, followed by a big deck party for real time New Years, party hats, noise makers, streamers and all.  It was a great time!

This will be one of the formal nights as well, so make sure you have some party attire.  

-Kara

Informative, Kara!  I was not aware that the balloon drop was timed for celebration of the British New Year's date change.  Two celebrations that night!  This would be my second of such.  On a holiday cruise aboard the Prinsendam, we were in the Atlantic Time Zone and we celebrated the New Year at Midnight.  The party then moved to the Ocean Bar and we celebrated the New Year at Eastern Standard Time while watching the "Times Square Ball" drop on a big screen TV.

When we were on for New Year's Eve, it was not a formal night, although many passengers decided to go ahead and dress up. We made reservations for the Crown Grill and enjoyed a great dinner there. We did not stay up for all the festivities.

15 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Informative, Kara!  I was not aware that the balloon drop was timed for celebration of the British New Year's date change.  Two celebrations that night!  This would be my second of such.  On a holiday cruise aboard the Prinsendam, we were in the Atlantic Time Zone and we celebrated the New Year at Midnight.  The party then moved to the Ocean Bar and we celebrated the New Year at Eastern Standard Time while watching the "Times Square Ball" drop on a big screen TV.

That’s how they did it for us, but that was also about 5 years ago...so things very well could have changed on how they do things. It was a nice treat to celebrate a couple different times. 

Considering its a sea day for us, that’s why I am assuming it will be a formal night.