Amawaterways Christmas market Cruise November 25 from Vienna

Cedricandsophie

My daughter and I Are on this cruise which was supposed to go from Vienna to Nuremberg leaving Nov 25. Because of low water levels, getting to Nuremberg may not be possible. We just got our documents yesterday, delayed because their office is involved in  the SC fires and has been closed.  The letter with the documents states that the itinerary may change with the new itinerary shown which now 8ncludes Budapest and ends at another town but not Nuremberg,  I’m not unhappy with the new itinerary since my daughter has not been to Budapest and will love it.  My only concern is that I am flying out from Munich on our debarkation date of Dec 2 (since we were there the night before, there didn’t seem to be an issue with a same day flight and getting an early car) and have a 11 25 am flight  out of Munich.  From Nuremberg it was an hour ride to MUNICH airport.  My daughter then goes into Munich and is joining a land cruise.  The new ending port is twice as far as Nuremberg to Munich which will increase travel and cost.  I emailed Amawaterways with my post cruise travel info as they requested and got an immediate response about how they will look into our post cruise car arrangements  to determine how best to get me to airport.  They indicated a final decision about the itinerary will be made 4 days before cruise.  

Im not unhappy with their response since I understand there is little to be done.  And I do appreciate their willingness to work with me to find a solution. Have others run into this issue for Nov and Dec cruises? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cedricandsophie said:

I'm not unhappy with their response since I understand there is little to be done.  And I do appreciate their willingness to work with me to find a solution. Have others run into this issue for Nov and Dec cruises? 

This situation has been going on since June.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bizmark'sMom said:

Thanks for posting!

I'm due to embark Ama in Vienna Dec. 7.  Is Ama busing you to Budapest, or are you expected to get there on your own?  We are spending several days in Vienna independantly prior to the cruise, which is why I am wondering.

The revised itinerary says we port at Esztergorn and leave from there for Budapest excursion.  So I'm not sure where that is. But we still get on the boat in Vienna on November 25 and we sleep on the boat.  After Budapest, we cruise to Bratsilava and then the rest of the cruise is the same itinerary except we don't end at Nuremburg, we stop at Vilshofen.  That's the only part that is concerning for me considering I need to be in Munich in the morning of our debarkation date.  But I'm assuming it will work out. 

Esztergom is in Hungary upstream from Budapest. I had an excursion to the abbey or cathedral there (I do not remember its religious status). It is worth looking at if you have time. While the ship sailed round the bend we took the coach into Budapest. Not a great distance to cover between Budapest and Esztergom, so perfectly okay for an excursion.

notamermaid

5 hours ago, Cedricandsophie said:

The revised itinerary says we port at Esztergorn and leave from there for Budapest excursion.  So I'm not sure where that is. But we still get on the boat in Vienna on November 25 and we sleep on the boat.  After Budapest, we cruise to Bratsilava and then the rest of the cruise is the same itinerary except we don't end at Nuremburg, we stop at Vilshofen.  That's the only part that is concerning for me considering I need to be in Munich in the morning of our debarkation date.  But I'm assuming it will work out. 

Thanks for the detail.  It looks like I will have to get some forints in addition to Euros. 

On 11/15/2018 at 3:00 PM, Cedricandsophie said:

Esztergorn, is about a one hour drive to Budapest. Vilshofen is about 20 Km upstream from Passau. Vilshofen is about 1 1/2 hour drive to Munich, if you do not have transfers arranged, there are hourly train service direct to Munich, takes aböut 2 hours, for Munich Airport, use the same train but change at Landshut, also 2 hours.

We are set to sail Nov 24th from Vienna on Ama Certo.  Ama has been very good at keeping in touch and I feel confident they will get us to Nuremberg without us incurring costs to get there on our own. I have sailed with them before and they were top notch. This has got to be gruelling for all involved. I am not real excited about the trip now, but I will be once I get on the plane I think.

9 hours ago, BentPicketRanchGirl said:

We are set to sail Nov 24th from Vienna on Ama Certo.  Ama has been very good at keeping in touch and I feel confident they will get us to Nuremberg without us incurring costs to get there on our own. I have sailed with them before and they were top notch. This has got to be gruelling for all involved. I am not real excited about the trip now, but I will be once I get on the plane I think.

Ama Certo is currently moored in Vilshofen, upstream from Passau, due in Vienna on 21st. November.

The  itinerary for the November 25 AmaSonata cruise is now finalized.  My daughter and I leave today to fly to Vienna and get on the ship on Sunday.  We are now bussing to Budapest on Monday and then bussing to Bratislava on Sunday. Once back from there on Monday, we will cruise to Tulin, overnight there.  Then on Tuesday we will cruise to Vienna, stay there for most of day and cruise to Durnstein, where the original itinerary will continue except we will disembark at Vilshofen instead of Nuremburg.  All in all, it's fine.  My daughter and I have a driver reserved to get us to Munich on December 2, where I will catch a plane home and she catches a land tour for another week in Germany.  d