Who uses a weight- or diet-related phone app?

Shellbelle28

I have been exploring weight tracker apps and have yet to find one that is perfect for me (I don't use an app to track food). Anyone found a good one? 

Must-have:

-Available for Android 

-Graphs weight entries

-Tracks weight loss over all time and user selected increments

-Exportable to csv or Excel

Good to have: 

-Backs up data off of device

-Goal weight entry

-Diary and photo entries

So far I've tried:

Weight Diary by Selanto Apps- This is the one I'm using currently. I'd give it 95 out of 100. The only thing I dislike is the graph defaults to display "all time" so the points are all squished together to uselessness unless you manually expand the graph. I love the feature where you input photos along the way with weight entries and it builds before and after images. 

Weight & BMI by Perfectly Simple-I thought this one was excellent until I discovered that the maximum period it will look back to calculate weight loss is 30 days! Who does that? Obviously the people making the app never had to lose much weight! The interface and other features were nice, so it's too bad about the huge fail at doing what a weight tracer is meant to do! 

Simple Weight Tracker by Maciej Makarewicz- Installed and Uninstaller five minutes later. Didn't have the ability to track in custom increments. A little too simple. 

Edited by Shellbelle28
Typo

Using the Samsung Health app currently, but as best I can tell - not exportable.  Used MyFitnessPal for a long time until Under Armor bought it and messed it up.  Haven't seen it in a few years so can't comment on it's current form.

EDIT - looks like maybe they went back to the original interface - but right now it's wonky (down for maintenance message in the middle of the day?).  I might give it another go as it's food database was excellent.

• Like 1

I have been exploring weight tracker apps and have yet to find one that is perfect for me (I don't use an app to track food). Anyone found a good one? 

Must-have:

-Available for Android 

-Graphs weight entries

-Tracks weight loss over all time and user selected increments

-Exportable to csv or Excel

Good to have: 

-Backs up data off of device

-Goal weight entry

-Diary and photo entries

Shellebelle, I have MyFitnessPal, Fitbit, and Samsung Health on my Android based phone (maybe others, but that's what I know).  I know Samsung Health the least, and didn't easily see a section for weight.  I don't know if any of them are exportable, but MFP and Fitbit both have web pages in addition to the apps so they might export from them (and maybe app too, and I don't know where to look 😉 )

MFP and Fitbit both graph weight entries, over all time and user increments. Both have adjustable goal weights.

I primarily use MFP and it shares info with Fitbit.

Thanks for sharing all. Sounds like My Fitness Pal is popular. I'm more happy with  Weight   Diary by Selanto Apps right now, the developer is super responsive and has implemented some of my requests and working on more improvements, which is really cool! 

Edited by Shellbelle28
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

8fit, MyFitnessPal, Samsung Health, Fitbit Coach, Charity Miles

8fit is nice, but the full version is paid.

MyFitnessPal is simple in use, but it seems to be broken now.

Samsung Health is free and has a bunch of useful stuff like sleep monitor.

Fitbit Coach - a very standard fitness app, check the review. But it's compatible with almost any device.

Charity Miles - a running app with charity support. 

Edited by Orionleah

• 4 weeks later...

I use MyFitnessPal for tracking food. The food database is extensive. I did upgrade for the annual membership to gain a few additional features. I also purchased a Renpho bluetooth smart scale which tracks lots of cool features. I like the bluetooth aspect since I don't have to manually enter any data. Just step on and it tracks multiple metrics. You can see stats by week, month or year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For food and step tracking, I use the fitbit app and itrackbites app (which is the knock off of the weight watchers system).  For workouts, I have the workout women app which has great 7 minute workouts (some are tough) that I do throughout the day.