Mariner Society benefits for Princess Elite?

Oldmarbletop

13 hours ago, Oldmarbletop said:

Does anyone know if there are cross corporate benefits between loyalty programs from Princess to HAL. 

You be assigned a mariner number and will be recognized as a 1 star Mariner.

Near the end of the cruise you will be (or should be) invited to the Mariner brunch.

2 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Wish they did. It would entice me more to consider Princess or Cunard. (On Celebrity, your loyalty level transfers to Azamara and Royal Caribbean and vice versa.)

18 minutes ago, Oldmarbletop said:

Caribbean Chris that is why I asked the question into the first place thanks for the reply confirming my memory. 

We are also Elite on Princess and have also sailed on Cunard.  We have over 1000 actual sailing days on HAL (not counting staying in a suite or spending) and with all the days from Princess and Cunard, we would have close to 1200  sailing days.

3 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Wish they did. It would entice me more to consider Princess or Cunard. (On Celebrity, your loyalty level transfers to Azamara and Royal Caribbean and vice versa.)

On Royal Caribbean they have so many Diamond members, that the Diamond Lounge is crowded.  You have reciprocal loyalty levels on Royal Caribbean.  But you also don't get the Onboard purchase Mariner points.  We've spent thousands on Royal Caribbean shore excursions, and no loyalty points.

5 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Yes that is true & we also wish that the Carnival corp family of cruise lines would also do that ;but ,it is up to their Board of Directors :classic_ninja:

2 hours ago, knittinggirl said:

...You have reciprocal loyalty levels on Royal Caribbean.  But you also don't get the Onboard purchase Mariner points...

Very true. Also, Carnival Corp's Shareholder Benefit program gives an excellent on board credit for anyone who owns 100 or more shares of the corporation's stock. Nothing to do with the Mariner Club, of course, but it is a valuable benefit for any passenger, regardless of any Mariner points.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

16 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Very true. Also, Carnival Corp's Shareholder Benefit program gives an excellent on board credit for anyone who owns 100 or more shares of the corporation's stock. Nothing to do with the Mariner Club, of course, but it is a valuable benefit for any passenger, regardless of any Mariner points.

Although RCL has a Shareholder Benefit Program................surprise...........NO Benefit if you get ANY other perk from the cruise line.  Perhaps that is why most cruise reservations get a $25-50 per cabin credit that locks you out of the more generous SBP.  Carnival DOES NOT play that same nasty game and you do get the SBC onboard credit even if your reservation has other perks from the cruise line or booking agency

9 minutes ago, OBX-Cruisers said:

Although RCL has a Shareholder Benefit Program................surprise...........NO Benefit if you get ANY other perk from the cruise line.  Perhaps that is why most cruise reservations get a $25-50 per cabin credit that locks you out of the more generous SBP.  Carnival DOES NOT play that same nasty game and you do get the SBC onboard credit even if your reservation has other perks from the cruise line or booking agency

I’ve read that on this forum about RCL - thanks for confirming. I’ve never bothered to buy the RCL stock for that reason.

But like others who post here, we’ve been really happy with the hundreds of $$ in Carnival Corp shareholder OBC benefits since we bought it. The process to apply for it is so easy and efficient, too.