They cancelled my cruise !

drneal

OK so maybe I booked too far in advance.

I was looking forward to my Greek Islands cruise Aug 24, 2019 and I keep checking the website for price drops.

When I looked earlier this week I didn't see it listed.

I thought this meant that it was sold out.

Today I received an e-mail informing me that the cruise has been chartered and that they will give me a $500 credit for 

another cruise.

I changed to the week before....less convenient for our schedule but at least I can still go.

They are also giving me $300 toward airfare changes but it cost me $425 to change the airfare.

It cost me several hours on the phone and $$$.

I still have to submit all of the paperwork within 2 weeks to get the airfare change.

I also seemed to have lost my OBC when I look at the new reservation. 

This kinda took some of the wind out of my sails.

Does this happen often ?

😡

The OBC sounds like a omission error. Go back to WS the central office is not great with paper work they always have to be corrected/ reminded. If you took out travel insurance on the initial cruise they will cover the other expenses like the difference between what you get from WS and the price of the change and anything else. Happened to us, I thought WS was reasonable but since we have a preexisting medical condition and we have to buy insurance within 14 days of the deposit we were covered and did not loose any money. It is a great cruise. Happy Sailing

I spoke with Windstar and got the OBC back.

They will not refund what it cost me to change my tickets which is more than what they give.

No guarantee that the new sailing won't be cancelled if they can charter it.

Trip insurance will not cover any pre-cruise changes, unless the trip was cancelled.

I have to wait to receive the $500 cruise credit.

So sorry Drneal. Really sucks. But sounds like you're making lemonade out of it. Surprising that your trip insurance won't cover the change. My Travel Insured will transfer to another booking just once per trip be it land or cruise. Sorry about the airline changes, but at least you're $500 ahead for your new cruise. I'd still be disappointed too if I was in your situation. It was a lot of hassle plus traveling at an inconvenient time for a $350 gain. By the time you hit the Greek islands it will all be forgotten though. Have a fabulous cruise.

Edited by Petoonya

You trip was canceled, it is out of comission for people who reserved early. It happened to me and my insuurance covered the change costs after I deducted what WS was willing to  pay  for  the  changes  re airline fees. At the point I was cancelled I only had airline issues. Easy to swap hotels/ guides  dates etc. Try again. Happy Sailing