Simple Pleasures On Board

Luvcrusn

8 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

We are on the Reflection on Dec 7th.  I am so excited but also little anxious because I do not want to gain any weight.  I’ve lost about 70 lbs but gained 20 back.  We are in Aqua.  Can you share any tips on how you lose weight while cruising?  Thanks

I find that most entrees that are served in Blu and Luminae include very small portion of carbohydrates, if any.  Eating less carbohydrates always help with weight maintenance. We do start with a couple of slices of bread with butter for every meal, yes evil... I know! On sea days we always go to the gym in the morning after breakfast, rest, and before lunch and shower, which is our regular routine at home.  Port days are also easy because there is usually so much walking with shore excusions.  We don't do desserts at all.  Sometimes we ask for fresh fruits as our dessert at dinner. 

1 minute ago, CEOofVacation said:

I find that most entrees that are served in Blu and Luminae include very small portion of carbohydrates, if any.  Eating less carbohydrates always help with weight maintenance. We do start with a couple of slices of bread with butter for every meal, yes evil... I know! On sea days we always go to the gym in the morning after breakfast, rest, and before lunch and shower, which is our regular routine at home.  Port days are also easy because there is usually so much walking with shore excusions.  We don't do desserts at all.  Sometimes we ask for fresh fruits as our dessert at dinner. 

Sounds like a good plan.  We have the beverage package so I know I will be having some adult drinks.  However, I won’t have more than 2-3 and I will stay away from overly sweet drinks.

Love this thread...great idea!  My first simple pleasure is being at the Sunset Bar after sail away, relaxing and knowing we have the whole week ahead of us to enjoy.  Also love when my DH brings me a latte (he's an early riser and has to have coffee) and we start our day on the balcony, listening to the ship glide through the water and discuss what we're going to do that day!  Counting down the days til a 12/22 sail away!

Loving this thread!!!  We are boarding our Silhouette cruise to the Southern Caribbean 2 weeks from tomorrow, and we cannot wait!  Some simple pleasures of ours:

1) Board as early as possible and explore before the crowds arrive

2) Watch the sail away from the front of the top deck (bonus if you hear the ship's horn!)

3) Morning solitude with coffee (Cafe al Bacio) on the balcony

4) First night in the main dining room, anticipating the menu for the rest of the cruise

5) Having the beverage package so we aren't "counting penny's"

so many favorite parts of cruising....even before we fly to port, i actually love planning my wardrobe, and playing it all in my mind, i love going onto the veranda after my shower and "drying off" in the tropical breezes,with a glass of wine, relaxing before getting dressed for a dinner with my love, its about as romantic as i can hope for....

• Like 1

After hours of planning/packing/flying/driving/parking/lugging suitcases/waiting---finally entering our suite stateroom, going out on our balcony and saying to each other "We finally made it here!" At that moment all our stress seems to vanish. We feel like little kids at Christmas as we rush to read the daily planner and explore the ship. Also love our afternoon cafe lattes at Cafe Al Bacio, the first night in Luminae, the personalized service in Michael's Club and feeling so very blessed we can cruise.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

We are on the Reflection on Dec 7th.  I am so excited but also little anxious because I do not want to gain any weight.  I’ve lost about 70 lbs but gained 20 back.  We are in Aqua.  Can you share any tips on how you lose weight while cruising?  Thanks

Keep moving.  I try to walk 6 miles a day-on a cruise or not.

Limit croissants.  If I start eating them at the beginning of the cruise I am in trouble.  So my rule is not to eat a croissant until the day before the cruise ends.  That way I don't feel so deprived.  Only one dessert a day.  Eat pineapple, not cookies.  I can usually manage this until deep into the cruise and that way the damage is not too terrible.

The mountains and forest ( well we call it the 'woods' ) will always be home to me.  But there is something totally freeing about sitting on your balcony and watching the rise and fall of the ocean.  I can literally feel the stress drain out of my body. Add a fine beverage to sip on and I am a totally happy camper.

• Like 2

For us, it's the after dinner stroll on what remains of the promenade.  We also enjoy making a circuit of the upper decks, depending on the time of year and the latitude, we enjoy the sky for sunsets or for the stars, and the wind of our passage.  We've enjoyed looking out over the bow with moonlight seeming to guide us onward.

We also enjoy leaving a palm print in the frost of the Martini Bar, and then walk back to our cabin, and taking a moment to step out into the warm sunshine pouring down on our veranda, the memory of our fingers tingling with the cold.

Edited by cruisefam38

Things I enjoy most about taking a cruise are:

1. Arriving at the port and seeing the ship for the first time.

2. Stepping on board the ship and soaking in the enormity of the ship.

3. Ordering a glass of orange juice for breakfast the first sea day, making mimosas on the balcony and just watching the water go by.

I've never cruised Celebrity, but we board Equinox one week from tomorrow!

Hubby and I love to have breakfast on the balcony, to just relax with coffee, the sea, and sky.  I'm sure that will not be at different this time.

The thing I do anticipate is that moment when I turn my phone to airplane mode and work and all the troubles of R/L (real life) are put behind me and I can live in the moment for the next week.  Everything else just stems from that.

12 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Agree with so many others. I just feel at home when I am on or near salt water. Something in the air, makes me feel better than any other place on earth.

I completely agree.  I live in Scottsdale, AZ, but 2 of my favorite places are on our friends' boat in San Diego Harbor, or being on a cruise ship.  I have found that being on a cruise has the effect of taking a pencil eraser to my head - it is the one place I can completely "block" the stress of my every-day work life, and not even think about it.  I especially love being on deck staring at nothing but blue ocean! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

The excitement of embarkation, with the whole cruise enfolding in front of you.  Sail away at Sunset Bar, watching the land disappear in the distance.  Amazing food three meals a day without having to cook!  Being catered to and pampered 24/7.  The view of the world going by as you float along the beautiful ocean.  Being in a different country almost every day.  I could go on and on...

For me it would be getting a cup of coffee then finding a place to enjoy watching the sun breach the horizon. This always takes me back to the days as a younger man watching the sun rise over the Outer Banks of NC. after a long night. That was several decades ago and I no longer stay up all night to watch the sunrise, Now I have rise early enough to catch the majestic feat. Watching the sun rise over the ocean provides me with the possibility of a great day ahead. What happened yesterday/last night is in the past and the future always looks bright ahead. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:48 AM, Luvcrusn said:

It's about three weeks until we step aboard our next cruise and understandably we're thinking a lot about what awaits. I realized that one of the things that immediately pops into my head is waking on board the first morning with my DH and enjoying together a lovely cup of coffee on our balcony with some decadent, buttery croissants and watching the ocean in the quiet of the early morning. That's when we really have unwound the hectic pace of daily life and are completely happy and relaxed. A close second to that is returning to our stateroom the first night on board after a busy embarkation day, dinner, show (maybe) with a glass of wine on the balcony watching the stars and listening to the whoosh of the ocean. What's yours?

The best part of our cruise is always being so happy that we booked another b2b, and it is most likely snowing back in New England. Most importantly just being blessed that we are healthy and  able to cruise as much as we do. As my husband always reminds me "Enjoy every minute as much as you can, this is not a dress rehearsal". wishing all safe travels !

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

luvstosail

Patty & Fran

Boston/Cape Cod

• Like 1

Great answers.  Love them all but the drinking ones (I don't drink) but my wife might agree with them - lol.  Couple of things come to mind.  Anytime on the balcony but more specifically the morning of the first sea day.   I have nothing I need to do and nothing on any schedule.  Just some coffee and food just a short walk or a phone call away....

I also like to hit the hot tub in the evening.  I usually go around 8:00 while everyone else is finishing dinner or getting ready for dinner.  No one else is out there.  Just so relaxing.

enjoy all.....