HC Free Parking for Modified Vehicles

iuki

I am aware that Florida allows free parking for FL vehicles that are equipped with lifts for mobility scooters and special vehicle modifications for the handicapped.  However, I cannot find anything that states how many days are allowed.  We did not have a problem with the 21-day B2B Cruise we took last year out of Fort Lauderdale.  However, has anyone done longer cruises or a B2B leaving from one FL port and returning to a different FL port?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Judy

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 5:32 PM, iuki said:

I am aware that Florida allows free parking for FL vehicles that are equipped with lifts for mobility scooters and special vehicle modifications for the handicapped.  However, I cannot find anything that states how many days are allowed.  We did not have a problem with the 21-day B2B Cruise we took last year out of Fort Lauderdale.  However, has anyone done longer cruises or a B2B leaving from one FL port and returning to a different FL port?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Judy

Our experience:  A year or so ago we left out of Miami for a TA cruise.  It was a little over a month before we returned and we met all the requirements for free parking.  When we picked up our car and entered the check out gate, the payment board said we owed over $600.   We got into a slight argument with the gate attendant who kept insisting that the price board could not be wrong and that we owed that amount.  I pointed out that we met all the accessible requirements for free parking and she finally called someone else who apparently educated her.  Final result:  We were allowed to go without any payment.

Your results may vary depending on how knowlegable your gate attendant is.  Just be prepared with your documentation and equipment.  My impression is that there is no definitive time limit for your stay but I would be very prepared with copies of my itinerary, etc.  Good luck!

Edited by 1980dory
spelling correction