Sensation vs triumph vs paradise

illiniwahoo

We want to take a 4 day cruise in early January while our in-laws watch the kids. Due to their schedule, and that we don't want to leave the kids for longer than 5 days, are are looking at 4 night cruises on the following ships.  In reading reviews the ships sound very similar. Any compelling reason to pick one ship over the other?

Sensation

Pro: direct flights at good times

Con: only goes to Bahamas and I'm worried it will be cold the second week of January. 

Triumph or Paradise

Pro: cozumel, so better port with less chance of being cold

Con: no workable direct flight options. 

The other choice is RCCL majesty of the seas, which goes to Cuba and is about $500 more, so while cuba would be interesting, I'm leaning towards carnival.

Edited by illiniwahoo
Typo

I have sailed to both Cozumel and Nassau several times in winter months and there has never been much, if any, of a difference temperature wise. Based on the limited information in your post I would go with Sensation based on the easy flight and because Sensation has an Alchemy Bar, which is high on my list of Carnival features (Triumph has one but Paradise doesn’t).  

• 2 weeks later...

Did you decide? We actually did a 4 night on Sensation this past January and it was chilly even in the Bahamas and we also had choppy seas. Can't speak to Cozumel temps in January but we also went there on Triumph.  We enjoyed both ships so unless the temperature turns out to make a significant difference I would choose based on price / flights / convenience.