Running on Waves sailing yacht

Alice Yansma

Hello

We are planning a cruise aboard a sailing ship Running on Waves next summer. My friends are divers and are planning to dive during the trip. Has anybody travelled aboard the ship? Reviews on ship, meal, and diving are especially interesting. 

Thanks

Alice

I'd be very surprised to see you get a review or comment from an experience on this site

reviewing the website for this vessel it is not what one would typically consider a cruise ship .... even at the extreme end .... 

when no prices are on the website ya gotta have a clue ... 42 pass' and 21 crew ... do the math!

one small step below chartering a private yacht aka "Below Deck" !!!!

AND for a group ... not a step below!!

Edited by Capt_BJ

On 11/16/2018 at 7:22 AM, Alice Yansma said:

Hello

We are planning a cruise aboard a sailing ship Running on Waves next summer. My friends are divers and are planning to dive during the trip. Has anybody travelled aboard the ship? Reviews on ship, meal, and diving are especially interesting. 

Thanks

Alice

IF there are going to be other comments/reviews here on CC, your best bet is to search and also to post this query on the CC section for "other cruise lines":

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/135-other-cruise-lines/

Sounds fascinating!

If you do go, please report back :classic_smile:

GC

On 11/17/2018 at 1:46 AM, Capt_BJ said:

Below Dec

Thank you for the comments. The reasons we consider Running on Waves are sails and number of passengers. We traveled to Galapagos in 2013 when there were 16 of us chartering a small yacht, but now there are about 40 of us. And I've never been on a boat with sails. I'd (and all of my companions) love to try to do all these things ourselves: mast climbing, to set sails, navigation etc. 

On 11/17/2018 at 5:12 PM, GeezerCouple said:

IF there are going to be other comments/reviews here on CC, your best bet is to search and also to post this query on the CC section for "other cruise lines":

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/135-other-cruise-lines/

Sounds fascinating!

If you do go, please report back :classic_smile:

GC

Thank you! I'll do

• 2 weeks later...

I was traveling aboard Running on Waves in April. It was kind of 'non-typical' cruise, 'crossing' sailing, which is shorter (and much cheaper) than ordinary regular cruises, so can't say anything about diving. We crossed from Agios Nikolaos, Crete to Patras. It was a week sailing with some stops. We were interested in being aboard a sailing ship and activities like sails settings, mast climbing etc so stops were just a bonus for us. Meal and service are excellent. The cruise director and hotel manager are from Germany, look very experienced. I am not sure about chef origin, but the meal was top quality. The ship is beautiful, both outside and interior, the hm said it goes to refitting every winter. The only ’not really good’ thing was weather – we had 2 grey days out of 7. But the overall experience was really great.