Family Cruise on mediterrenean

momof4boys2000

My family consists of 2 adults and 4 kids. I am trying to narrow my search for a cruise this summer. What would be some good ships, cruise lines to look at that either have connecting rooms or family suites?

I've looked online but quickly get overwhelmed with all the choices. Looking to do 7-9 nights. And embarking from one port and leaving from another if that's possible, so that we can have some more time on different countries.

Not terribly particular on itinerary, would just like a little variety on the ports. 

TIA

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

All cruise lines and ships will be able to accommodate your family in terms of stateroom preferences.  There are several cruise lines that cover the Mediterranean with different itineraries and all have good ships.  You need to determine more specifics about what you are looking for.  The cruise lines will differ from one another in cost, demographics, cruising style, ship venues and activities, etc.  My suggestion would be to contact a travel agent who specializes in cruises and discuss your preferences, budget, and expectations with them and let them help narrow down your options.  We can certainly try to assist but a conversation with a live travel agent will go along way in helping to understand your best choices.

But given what you have said so far I would suggest looking at Royal Caribbean and NCL as two starting points.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

How old are your children? You need to decide where you want to go, what you want to do before you choose your ship.  You have to consider why you want to go to the Med, and then think whether that is compatible with what your children might expect.  The Med. is high on history, ruins, churches, but not on beaches.  Long days in port with a lot of walking.  EM

If you are FROM the area in which you're cruising, I can see where the itinerary might not matter....for you, it's all about the ship! If that's the case, then go to a travel agency...get printed brochures..see what "feels' right to you, and book it!

For most people the Med. is all about the destination....if you live there, the Med might be like the Caribbean is for most of the USA....it's all about the ship...not so much the ports!

Med cruises are port intensive, so you will have lots to do if you choose to. All of the mainstream cruise lines also have activities geared to children's ages. Take a look at some of the itineraries below to give you an idea of just some of the itineraries. For me the itinerary always comes first. Here is a place to start.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseto/cruiseitineraries.cfm?port=149&cl=9

Edited by SPacificbound