Debarkation in B.A.

goingoverthesea

I want to confirm a time for driver pick up after our cruise but I am so uncertain about debarkation times.  The ship arrival in port is very early (5:30 a.m.) and it is the only ship docked that day.  I am wondering whether to choose walking off with luggage instead of requesting a time slot.  I also do not know how long the processing will take at the Buenos Aires port.  I am wondering if 9 a.m. is too early to book for the driver.  Any advise would be welcomed.  Thank you.

If you are going directly to the airport, I would recommend that you book the cruise line transfer rather than a private driver.  Disembarkation in Buenos Aires was a zoo in January when I disembarked the Zaandam.  Let someone else handle the stress of getting you to where you need to go rather than you trying to figure out where and when you need to be.

I would agree. You cannot just walk off  in Buenos Aires as there is a shuttle from the cruiseships through the port to get to the customs area. The customs staff there don't tend to show up super early so you cannot leave the ship till they say so. I think it was around 8.00am. before anyone left the ship.

On our cruise, the ship arranged transfers were organized by your flight time so if you needed an early airport arrival, they took you first.

4 hours ago, Lunenburg said:

I would agree. You cannot just walk off  in Buenos Aires as there is a shuttle from the cruiseships through the port to get to the customs area. The customs staff there don't tend to show up super early so you cannot leave the ship till they say so. I think it was around 8.00am. before anyone left the ship.

On our cruise, the ship arranged transfers were organized by your flight time so if you needed an early airport arrival, they took you first.

Your comments and those of "rkacruiser" are most helpful!  We are staying on for 2 additional days in B.A. so the car service is taking us to our hotel.  The information about the shuttle to customs will now have to be taken into consideration.  I could be pushing pick up closer to 10 a.m. I am not too sure how patient the drivers will be waiting for passengers to get through customs.

5 hours ago, Trend said:

I am using the Hyatt hotels service. Yes I am paying a lot for it but it gets me out of the mess quickly and it is a set fee.

I am probably use our hotel’s service also...did you ask the concierge to suggest a time? I haven’t emailed our hotel yet, but was going to ask them what they thought was an appropriate time for pick up, since they have probably dealt with this issue before. 

5 hours ago, Trend said:

I am using the Hyatt hotels service. Yes I am paying a lot for it but it gets me out of the mess quickly and it is a set fee.

Not to be argumentative, but how to do you know that the're  going to get you "out of the mess quickly"?

I'd suggest the hotel/car service provide you with a map of the arrivals area that shows a very specific pick-up point where the car service will be.

11 hours ago, jccruiser said:

Which car service are you booked with and whatare their prices like?

thank you for any information 

😄

Two transfers and private tour was done through "Buenos Tours".  Totally out did themselves in detail and openness to answer questions.  They have even provided me with a brief bio on the driver and his picture.  They also provided pictures of the port and exact "exit door" pictures of where I should meet the driver.  Email Justine and you will get a very professional detailed response.  I did do some price checking and they are in the ball park.

2 hours ago, buggins0402 said:

I am probably use our hotel’s service also...did you ask the concierge to suggest a time? I haven’t emailed our hotel yet, but was going to ask them what they thought was an appropriate time for pick up, since they have probably dealt with this issue before. 

They know it depends on how many ships are in port and how many passengers your ship carries. We are on a small cruise ship, they also gave us a phone number to call if delayed.

They did give us a map for the location of pick up.

On 11/19/2018 at 9:02 AM, jccruiser said:

Which car service are you booked with and whatare their prices like?

thank you for any information 

😄

We have used Taxi Premium in Buenos Aires.  You can get an estimate on their website.  http://taxipremium.com.ar/en/fare-calculator/

The cruise port is called  Terminal de Cruceros Quinquela Martín.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 11:25 AM, Lunenburg said:

We have used Taxi Premium in Buenos Aires.  You can get an estimate on their website.  http://taxipremium.com.ar/en/fare-calculator/

The cruise port is called  Terminal de Cruceros Quinquela Martín.

How did you like them? Were they on time? Was it easy to find them? I would need a ride from cruise port to the hotel that close to airport. According to their calculator the price is very reasonable.

thank you for your help!

Yes, they showed up on time, the taxi had their name on the side so we were able to pick them out from all the other cabs. Did not speak any English. If you can get online at the Terminal, their app will let you track the driver and even see a picture of him.

5 hours ago, Lunenburg said:

Yes, they showed up on time, the taxi had their name on the side so we were able to pick them out from all the other cabs. Did not speak any English. If you can get online at the Terminal, their app will let you track the driver and even see a picture of him.

Thank you!!  :)

On 12/1/2018 at 4:31 AM, Lunenburg said:

Last questions - how far in advance you booked them. Do you need to pay in advance or you could pay a driver?

thank you.