Pacific Northwest Cruise July 2019 American Empress

JOC2017

Hi:

Husband and I are planning on a cruise July 14 or 28, 2019 Pacific Northwest on the Columbia and Snake Rivers; Clarkston to Vancouver.

Looking at Cabin C Deluxe Veranda Stateroom.  Would appreciate all feedback positive and negative regarding the cruise; excursions; premium excursions (worth the extra money?).

Called AAA and they claim that they can provide more perks than going direct with AQSC as well as giving better service for pre-cruise advise.  Anyone else go this route?

I read Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose.  Excellent history of the entire Lewis and Clark expedition.  Looking forward to actually being there.

Looking forward to all feedback and chatting with anyone who has/is going on this cruise.

Joanne

I will try to answer at least one of your questions.  We did this trip in the Fall of this year.  It is a great trip!  Only you can decide if AAA can give you "more perks", I would get a quote from both and see where you stand after that.  The Deluxe Veranda is nice, but please understand all of the staterooms are small except the "penthouse".  The bathrooms are VERY small in all of the staterooms, if you plan to wash your feet in the shower you almost have to step out to do it!  But, the positives outweigh the negatives.  The crew is wonderful and the food is very good.  The ports can get a bit boring, but if you are into history they are fine.  (We are and did enjoy them.)  

Let me know if you have anymore questions.  This is a very good place to get questions answered.  I would not depend on a TA who has not been on the trip!

• 1 month later...

We did Clarkston to Vancouver in October, 2016 and had a great time. We had a Cat C room (210) with private veranda and while not "spacious" was just fine for the two of us. Great experience and looking forward to cruising with AQSC again next year. All of our sightseeing was with the AQSC Hop-on Hop-off buses in each port.

We booked direct through AQSC.

Photos of the Empress ... https://flic.kr/s/aHskLPeXPF

McNary Lock and Dam ... 

Edited by TinCan782
added link