Keeping Travel Scoot in cabin on RCL Majesty of Seas

mamaofami

Until now, I've only cruised on Holland America and never have had trouble getting my travel Scoot into the cabin, but I've been told the cabins on RCL are very small. Has anyone had experience with this. I am in one of the larger cabins, but not a handicapped one. Thanks for any help.

I’ve never been on Holland America,  however Royal Caribbean‘s newer mega ships can accommodate regular scooters in most cases. I believe the doors on most of their ships are 23 inches wide.  (I would definitely check this with regard to  Empress of the Seas and a few of the other older ships, though.)  You must pay attention to the bed placement, however. You don’t want the beds nearer to the bathroom but on the opposite side where there would be a window if you were in an outside cabin.  To be certain your Travel Scoot will fit,  call Royal Caribbean and asked to speak to their accessible department.   Give them the dimensions of your scooter and you can also ask them to find out where the beds are located in your cabin.  They will likely have to email the ship for this info. (If you don’t get a reply in a week or so, rattle their cage again.) You can have things like small coffee tables removed from your cabin by your steward if you need to for space for your scooter.  You might not have a lot of space to maneuver around your scooter to get to your bathroom, but still be able to fit it in your room and get by.  You might get better info if you post the ship and the exact type of cabin (right down to the category). Try both the regular Royal Caribbean boards & the cabin question boards, where you can use your actual cabin number.

If you think Royal Caribbean’s regular cabins are small, don’t ever get one on Norwegian Cruise lines!

Edited by mlbcruiser

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:04 PM, mamaofami said:

Thank you. We are on an older ship, majesty of the Seas. I'll have to figure out something for the scooter because the ship is sold out and I can't change cabins. The travel scoot comes apart and I might have to do that.

I have read that some ships will have an attendant take the scooter overnight and park it and recharge the battery.  They return the scooter in the morning.   Not sure which cruise lines would do that but you could ask if it's possible on your cruise.  I also have a Travelscoot but I would not want to  take it apart all the time.

On 11/24/2018 at 10:09 AM, mexico8 said:

I have read that some ships will have an attendant take the scooter overnight and park it and recharge the battery.  They return the scooter in the morning.   Not sure which cruise lines would do that but you could ask if it's possible on your cruise.  I also have a Travelscoot but I would not want to  take it apart all the time.

Holland America has offered to do that for me many times, but I've never had a problem fitting it into their cabins. I don't think I would have to take the whole thing apart.Maybe tilt it on its side to get it through the door.I have the one for shorter people.

Edited by mamaofami