Waiting in LAX - Lounge?

TechSurfer

Flying from LAX to Tahiti requires getting to LAX.  Not a problem, but recently we had multiple flights delayed, making me grateful that for international travel I allow a lot of slack.  And there are limited flights if the first one to LAX cancels.  So we'll have around seven hours to kill at LAX.

Are there any day-pass lounges near Air Tahiti?  What did you do during your layover?

1 hour ago, TechSurfer said:

Flying from LAX to Tahiti requires getting to LAX.  Not a problem, but recently we had multiple flights delayed, making me grateful that for international travel I allow a lot of slack.  And there are limited flights if the first one to LAX cancels.  So we'll have around seven hours to kill at LAX.

Are there any day-pass lounges near Air Tahiti?  What did you do during your layover?

There are lounges at the International terminal at LAX. Air Tahiti Nui does sell passes. https://www.airtahitinui.com/us-en/lounge-pass

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Thank you.  I checked on the Air Tahiti site; their pass, which would be $120 for the two of us, doesn't let you in until three hours before flight time.  Since we probably board 50 minutes before flight time but will be at the airport more like seven hours ahead, paying $120 for less than one-third of our terminal waiting seems sub-optimal.  

Is it really enforced at three hours before?

The new departures area in Tom Bradley is also pretty nice, if you don't go for a lounge.  The main advantage for us last time was just a somewhat more quiet, comfortable place to sit, but there's plenty going on in the main area.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

I think you may have an issue.  The Air Tahiti check in desk opens about 3.5 hours prior to scheduled departure.  You can’t get to a lounge until you check in as you need your boarding pass to,get past security.  You may be limited to,the very few options that are located before security.