HitEasy to get to Horseshoe Bay, but then walk to gorgeous coves

roupa

The $7 shuttle van to Hoeseshoe Bay is easy and convenient.  But if you like to explore a bit...and get away from the crowd!... go left (facing the water) and walk away from Horseshoe.  You can stick close to the shoreline or go thru paths a bit off the shore.  You will eventually get to LONG BAY (maybe about a mile), but detours to other little bays/ coves along the way just might keep  you from the Long Bay destination.   Jobson's Cove is one of the names I recall...beautiful and shallow with colorful fish.  Take along a few crackers to draw them out of their hiding places.  Take a snack and water for yourself.   Just don't lose track of time if you have a schedule to keep!    Enjoy the adventure rather than just doing the routine " beach-sit."

• 2 weeks later...

Having done this walk in August, you can walk along the water at low tide. At my age, and with any kind of footing issues, I wouldn't want to try walking through those coves at high tide. But maybe that's just me😉

It was lovely.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, jamscckmc said:

Does the shuttle run all year? We are going in late April and also wonder how late they run. Thanks!

The minibuses run during cruise season when there are cruise ships in port. The last week of April has been considered the first week of cruise season. I don't know if they show up outside the summer cruise season which runs from late April to begining late October.  The facilities at Horseshoe close at 5:00 so the last minibus  return trips from Horseshoe to the Dockyard have been reported to be  between 5 and 5:30. That is also what the drivers told me. I have never stayed that late myself to confirm as I like to get there early, between 9:00 and 9:30 am and leave between 2 and 4. There were always plenty of the minibuses there at those times.

10 hours ago, jamscckmc said:

Thanks! RC wants more than twice the amount for transfers there and I don't want to pay that if I don't need to. Do you buy a round trip ticket ahead of time?

There are no tickets to buy. You just pay your van driver for each individual trip. 

7 hours ago, jamscckmc said:

Do they take US$?

US dollars are accepted everywhere in Bermuda. The US and Bermudian dollars are on par so there's never an issue with currency conversion. Please note that any Bermudian currency you may acquire as change is not exchangeable outside Bermuda so you should politely ask for US dollars if you're getting bills back in change in a transaction . 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 11:00 AM, Charles4515 said:

The minibuses run during cruise season when there are cruise ships in port. The last week of April has been considered the first week of cruise season. I don't know if they show up outside the summer cruise season which runs from late April to begining late October.  The facilities at Horseshoe close at 5:00 so the last minibus  return trips from Horseshoe to the Dockyard have been reported to be  between 5 and 5:30. That is also what the drivers told me. I have never stayed that late myself to confirm as I like to get there early, between 9:00 and 9:30 am and leave between 2 and 4. There were always plenty of the minibuses there at those times.

Are the mini buses at the dockyard that take you to Horseshoe?

On 11/18/2018 at 7:56 PM, njhorseman said:

FYI, the place you're talking about is Warwick Long Bay. There's another beach a few miles west named Somerset Long Bay and  you don't want to get the two confused.

Does Warwick have chair rentals?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, vacation44 said:

And how long of a walk is it from Warwick Beach to Horseshoe Bay in terms of miles and time (without stopping)?

It would estimate about 1.25 to 1.5 miles. The paths can vary somewhat depending on the tides. Low tide you can walk a greater amount along the beach. Higher tides you have to take more of the paths in the dunes to go around the rocks.  I have done the walk a number of times and it was never exactly the same. I can’t say what the time would be without stopping because it is such a beautiful walk with coves to stop at that I never did it without stopping. 

Edited by Charles4515

26 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It would estimate about 1.25 to 1.5 miles. The paths can vary somewhat depending on the tides. Low tide you can walk a greater amount along the beach. Higher tides you have to take more of the paths in the dunes to go around the rocks.  I have done the walk a number of times and it was never exactly the same. I can’t say what the time would be without stopping because it is such a beautiful walk with coves to stop at that I never did it without stopping. 

26 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Thank you for the information.   We do also plan on stopping and exploring along the way but was just trying to gauge how long it  would take with the stops.   We are also going to bring our snorkle gear.