Day Passes?

RoyalFan2011

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, lynaberk said:

What is the name of the hotel?  Do you know the cab fare from the ship?

Once you fill out their form they send you all that information. Its not a resort per say but it does have a great roof top terrace with a small millennium style pool over looking the ocean.  Its where i spent late afternoon watching the sun go down.

3 hours ago, pdc2013 said:

Once you fill out their form they send you all that information. Its not a resort per say but it does have a great roof top terrace with a small millennium style pool over looking the ocean.  Its where i spent late afternoon watching the sun go down.

You've recommended this numerous times but have never named the place used for the day pass, and your latest response clearly indicates your unwillingness to do so. I've never seen anyone else on Cruise Critic refuse to give the specific name and location of something they recommend, and frankly it makes your recommendation seem very sketchy.

The hotel that is seemingly featured on the pictures of the link above is the San Juan Water and Beach Club at the end of Tartak St. in Isla Verde. No comments about the hotel or its amenities since I've never been to it but the beach in front is maybe the best you'll find near port.

18 hours ago, njhorseman said:

You've recommended this numerous times but have never named the place used for the day pass, and your latest response clearly indicates your unwillingness to do so. I've never seen anyone else on Cruise Critic refuse to give the specific name and location of something they recommend, and frankly it makes your recommendation seem very sketchy.

I could not remember the name and did not want to post water something, i guess at the end i am.  It was easier to just give the info and let them ask. Thank you for chastising me for that, good job!

18 hours ago, Stinger-pr said:

The hotel that is seemingly featured on the pictures of the link above is the San Juan Water and Beach Club at the end of Tartak St. in Isla Verde. No comments about the hotel or its amenities since I've never been to it but the beach in front is maybe the best you'll find near port.

Thanks for posting the name but this is why i was confused about the name.  Is that the beach club name, or the hotel name?  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems this place is very close to the airport, so I would say what it costs to go to the airport which I believe is around $20.00 plus $1.00 per bag.  This is for up to 5 passengers.

SAN JUAN WATER BEACH CLUB HOTEL
2 Tartak St., Isla Verde, San Juan, PR 00979
Edited by jimm

My husband and I had a 415 flight last November and when we got off our ship around 830, we went to the Marriott which sells day passes. I've been to both places and the Marriott hands down is much better. You have the beach and the pool. There is a shower. They provide towels. AND they store your luggage. We had our backpacks that we put our change of clothes in and stayed until 130, then took a cab to the airport. The san Juan is a restaurant on a beach. Yes it's nice, the food is good, but it's not as nice as the Marriott. What sold me was the shower and the towels.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/21/2019 at 3:45 PM, jean87510 said:

My husband and I had a 415 flight last November and when we got off our ship around 830, we went to the Marriott which sells day passes. I've been to both places and the Marriott hands down is much better. You have the beach and the pool. There is a shower. They provide towels. AND they store your luggage. We had our backpacks that we put our change of clothes in and stayed until 130, then took a cab to the airport. The san Juan is a restaurant on a beach. Yes it's nice, the food is good, but it's not as nice as the Marriott. What sold me was the shower and the towels.

Which Marriot is this and how did you book it?

On 3/21/2019 at 3:45 PM, jean87510 said:

Does the Marriott have chairs and umbrella for day pass people?  How far is it from the cruise port?

1 hour ago, katz said:

Does the Marriott have chairs and umbrella for day pass people?  How far is it from the cruise port?

Yes chairs and umbrellas by pool and beach. Not sure which port you're coming from but pan American I took a cab. It was about $15-18 (I honestly dont remember). It seems everywhere you go in San Juan in a taxi is that much.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:45 PM, jean87510 said:

We may be interested in a day pass post cruise, as we have a 6:55 p.m. flight home. Just to confirm, they DO STORE YOUR LUGGAGE during your stay? I know the "resortforaday" website says that "lockers are not available, so pack light". 

5 hours ago, Racer70 said:

We may be interested in a day pass post cruise, as we have a 6:55 p.m. flight home. Just to confirm, they DO STORE YOUR LUGGAGE during your stay? I know the "resortforaday" website says that "lockers are not available, so pack light". 

They did last November. When you arrive, they take your luggage and give you a ticket to keep for your luggage. We put everything we needed in our backpacks. There are no lockers by the beach and pool. I highly doubt they have stopped luggage storage as they must make a fortune from the day passes.

I've seen several  posts recommending Island Marketing, but I would be very hesitant to use them. In my opinion, they are deceitful. I booked their Old San Juan City Tour and Beach Escape excursion and was provided the information below before I booked:

Tour Information

Choice of beach Stop:

· Beach club: With access to Roof Top Terrace, Pool and beach club.

· Approx: 2 hours at the beach

· Beach chairs and umbrellas: Can be rented for a price of $5.00 each. (if not consuming)

· Food and drinks Extra charge: Cannot bring food or drinks to this beach club.

· Food cost approx: $12-$18.00 for lunch per person.

· Drinks cost approx: $5.00-$10.00

· Access to: bathroom and changing room.

· Total Tour time: 3.5 hours includes City Drive and beach stop. add an extra: 1 hour for only $60.00.

For our group of 8, the tour was $420. They pushed us to add the "beach break package" for an additional $45 per person that was lunch, 4 drinks, and a beach chair. We did not want to pay another $360 so declined.

On the day of our tour, we were taken to a beach with no bathrooms or changing facilities. When we complained that the tour description said we were supposed to go to a beach club, the driver told us we should have read the description more carefully because it does not say the beach club is included, only that we have access. Access costs $45 per person, payable in cash. That is nowhere on their website or in the emails I have from them because I would have cancelled if I had known. 

I complained to the company and received the response below from Angelo, the manager:

But in no way at any time did we lie to you.

Our tour information is very clear and states the different costs to stay at the beach club. (I disagree with this statement!)

Your stay there is not free. Seeing the emails that were sent to you it was offered to you though, the beach break package

Sorry this happened to you but we sold you exactly what you’re getting.

I asked him to point out exactly where on their website or in the tour information I was given that it states the beach club use costs extra for the Old San Juan City Tour and Beach Escape . I was told to prove they said it was included. They are correct that none of my emails or the website specifically state that it is "included," but in my opinion, listing it in the tour description implies that it is included in the tour cost.

Make sure everything you expect is specifically listed as "included" in writing if using this agency.