anchor time in Caribbean

OKCer

Upon waking up each morning during Caribbean sailing should I expect to already be in bay and anchored or will we still be sailing in? I'm in no hurry to jump off the boat each morning, but noticed that anchor time is often not till 9:00 a.m. or later. And is the time listed truly what time one should expect to anchor or what time the tenders start to head on in?  I'm a early morning riser and look forward to be awake to see some sailing out in the open waters. 

I had to consult with Tiki_Man on this one, because he is the earlier riser prone to get a cup of coffee and wander the decks while I get dressed in the morning.  He notes that on our previous SD sailings, the published 9:00 time was when tender service to the port commenced.  He recalls that ships were generally still underway until 8:00-ish.

Also, he reports that coffee is usually available at TOY Bar starting at 6:00--6:30, if you would like to be caffeinated for your morning wanderings!

Lookimg forward to sailing with you!

One thing you have to learn about SeaDream is that you need to be flexible.  Times are not absolutes, and depend upon several variables.  Sometimes an anchorage is not good because of high seas and you might have to go to the other side of the island.  Tender starting times depend upon when the ship is cleared, or when the island's officials have finished their breakfast.  Hang loose and have another cup of coffee.

Most mornings we wake up and the ship is still sailing, but fairly near to port.  By the time we are up on deck for breakfast, we are usually at anchor.  By the end of breakfast, which we do leisurely, we might be ready to catch the tender if that is what we are planning to do.

Yes, flexibility is on our radar and we're prepared. The open water sailing is what I look forward to the most and was just curious if it truly all happened during traditional sleeping hours. I look forward to morning coffee while watching the sunrise as we sail in. Thank you! 

4 hours ago, TrapperZimmy said:

One thing you have to learn about SeaDream is that you need to be flexible.  Times are not absolutes, and depend upon several variables.  Sometimes an anchorage is not good because of high seas and you might have to go to the other side of the island.  Tender starting times depend upon when the ship is cleared, or when the island's officials have finished their breakfast.  Hang loose and have another cup of coffee.

Most mornings we wake up and the ship is still sailing, but fairly near to port.  By the time we are up on deck for breakfast, we are usually at anchor.  By the end of breakfast, which we do leisurely, we might be ready to catch the tender if that is what we are planning to do.

Trapper, we were always impressed how you could shut down the TOY Bar each night and still be up at dawn.  🍸😎