Costa Delizosa alcohol question

papagar

On other past cruises wi've been able to order bottles of alcohol from room service for in-room consumption. Does anyone know if this is possible on Costa Cruise lines.

Going to Western Caribbean. If so what are the prices and bottle size. I don't know about these people. Can't seem to be able to talk to anyone at Costa!! Also they say you can't bring any food or water on board. I am diabetic and need to have a few low carb snacks and plenty of water. Some of these polices they have in effect are not only inconvenient but absurb.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure where you booked your cruise but most premium cabins now come with some sort of drinks package, you can view these or even purchase them on line on the Costa web site, if you do not have a package. Just for your information Costa offer one of the best drink package of all the cruise line. There are also water/soft drinks & coffee packages also wine by the bottle.

You can purchase a bottle of wine on room service these start at 25 euros/ 30 dollars roughly going up plus the 15%.service charge these are normally 75ml water is 1 litre and priced at  2.75 plus service charge.

You can take an opened bottle of water on board but no sealed wine or water. 

If you have special needs speak to your TA or even Costa before you sailed and let them know in advance what you required, if possible they will provided you with your requirement, failing to do this may mean you will not be able to get them.

Also before you go do let them know about any dietary meals you may need in the MDR.

Costa site then scroll down to already booked put in your cruise number then select tours/on board delights/ drink packages etc; 

It is also possible to pre-order some wines (and not only) to cabin with MyCosta service.

For example for one of my future cruises I see Chardonnay Batasiolo for 26,45 EUR/75cl bottle, Chianti Classico 28,75 EUR/75 cl bottle, Proseccos/Brut starting from 28,75 EUR/bottle etc.

In MyCosta there is no alco beverages stronger than wine.

I have a diabetic daughter and have travelled on 4 cruise lines including costa.  We take a note from her Dr. stating that.  we have never had a problem taking unopened locarb snacks onboard with our luggage (both checked and hand) on any line.  In fact it has never been questioned and I have never had to show the doctors note.

iYou are quite right Janet, 

We have in the past taken all sorts of food & drink on board from different POC most passes through the scanners without any trouble only rarely has it been put aside until we disembark. 

But to come back to OP about lo-carbs it is certainly much better to inform Costa before you go & get the okay than to start explaining to personal at boarding gates, showing them the okay saves you the hassle of forever explaining why you have them.

The rules are there for our safety regarding food taken on board to stop the spread of the Norovirus, even though in most cases it will be okay. Bit like when entering Australia and taking the fruit given to us on the plane, in most cases it would be acceptable just that one time when it is been brought with them from a infected Country it could really infect the whole ship/Country.

Edited by tenpin

• 2 months later...

Well, rules and enforcement are not always the same:

No drinks and food during embarkation. Once I had half a bottle of water and because there was no waste bin I put it just aside. Costa staff attended me that I forgot my bottle. No alcohol from the shore aboard. On Martinique I bought rum - as being on a TA and Martinique being within the EU quite a coupleof bottles, also as presents. Packed in the bags with the name of the destille on it they went through the scanner and I took them to my cabin. According to the rules I would have gotten them back before debarkation only. Anyway, I have my drinking packages and opened the first bottle at home.

I never tried to order a bottle of wine to my cabin, but it shouldn't be a problem. As a club member I got already a free bottle to my cabin. You only mustn't take open drinks to your cabin (package drinks are not allowed in the cabin and not handed out in bottles). Just as you may take a bottle of water to your cabin, you also may buy a bottle of wine and take it to your cabin.

All for your health is allowed, contact Costa as soon as possible (I know, they are not very responsive) and what they don't provide anyway take with you. Your waiter in the MDR will take care of your dietary needs, I had a guest at my table with multiple problems once, who got a personal menu with remarks what could be ordered and what not. Even if not about your health, they try their best to please you, I remember a guest every evening getting an extra large portion spaghetti - nothing else. Taking rare meat to your cabin would cause a problem I suppose and would be pretty understandable. But originally packed industrial products not needing any cooling should be fine, especially if you have a note of your doctor.