Huatulco and Puerto Vallarta

CarolandNate

I was directed to post questions on the Mexican Riviera Board about Huatulco and Puerto Vallarta.  I have posted in roll call and in Panama Canal boards and have gotten a lot of help.  At the risk of being redundant, I would like to post here as well.  Is there a such thing as overposting on Cruise Critic.  Being relatively new to Cruise Critic Boards, I am not sure of the proper protocol.  Please advise as to what I should and should not do.  I feel that any information is valuable.

You can post anywhere you like that is relevant to your question.

You can go to other web sites also like Trip Advisor which has forums for every city in the world.

You might want to actually ask a question about the cities you have mentioned.

We go to Puerto Vallarta every year but not sure what you'd like to know about it???

11 minutes ago, CarolandNate said:

I understand.  It appears that posting similar questions in different boards of Cruise Critic is okay.

The proper protocol is to post on the appropriate board. Cruise Critic moderators will sometimes move posts made on the wrong board to the correct one. It can also be helpful to ask questions on your cruise's roll call as there may be others on your cruise who are familiar with the ports in question.

So,  questions on Mexican Riviera ports of call really belong on this board, not the Panama Canal board where you originally posted your question on these ports. As CruiserBruce stated you should do some reading on the board as you may find your questions have already been answered in other threads. It also helps to post specific questions, not just an open-ended  "I want to know about this port" question.

I wouldn't call it "OK" to post on the wrong board, I'd just say that it's tolerated to a certain extent, and posting on the wrong board isn't really to your benefit as often doesn't get you as good a variety of responses as posting on the correct board will.

My summary:

• Hualtulco - beautiful and clean smaller town in the state of Oaxaca surrounded by mountains and greenery.  Great beaches, quaint central area and a huge national park.  Very friendly locals.  You can actually walk straight into downtown by following the path from the park over the hill.  Relatively speaking more Canadians than Americans are the main tourist group.
  • Puerto Vallarta - large, highly developed resort with many upscale locations depending on where you go.  Malecon (beach front pedestrian street) full of chain Mexican tourist stores, street vendors and restaurants.  American and Mexican chain stores like Walmart, Costco, Mega and Liverpool for shopping.  

For my tastes, I prefer Hualtulco as it isn't overrun by tourists to the same extent as PV.  While the food in Hualtulco isn't as good as Oxaca City, you should still try a mole dish if you visit and for the adventurous, the grasshoppers!

BTW - Hualtulco the main alcohol is Mezcal and in PV it is Tequila.  

Edited by SelectSys
  • Like 2