Food and Walking Tour with Tru Bahamian Food Tours

CruisinCrow

We were in Nassau November 9 and took the Bites of Nassau tour with Tru Bahamian Food Tours.  I thought I'd share my review with pictures for anyone interested.  Here is the link: http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2018/11/bites-of-nassau-experiencing-bahamas.html

This is a great tour for people who have never been to Nassau before, as well as those like us who have been there many times.  You learn a lot about Nassau and the food is really good too.  Definitely worth doing!

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Thank you so much for your review. This is the tour that we are planning to take while in Nassau so it is so nice to read such a positive review.

Enjoy it!  We're going to have to try Tru Bahamian's food and cocktail tour next but it's only offered on Sundays. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So disappointed to find that we arrive at 1 and the only tour that day seems to be at 11:30. The website says clearly that there are multiple tours each day beginning at 11:30 so I assume that is no longer accurate (at least for all the dates that I checked for June). Serious bummer ☹️

16 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

So disappointed to find that we arrive at 1 and the only tour that day seems to be at 11:30. The website says clearly that there are multiple tours each day beginning at 11:30 so I assume that is no longer accurate (at least for all the dates that I checked for June). Serious bummer ☹️

That is a bummer!  I've seen them do as many as 4 tours a day.  Sometimes they add more when they fill up so check back as your cruise gets closer.

Worse case scenario, you have something on your wish list for your next visit.  It took us a while to do the tour because they don't do them on Sundays and our ships always seemed to be in Nassau on Sunday. :classic_smile:

16 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

I just looked at their website and it doesn't show any tours past April.  Where are you seeing June dates?  I don't think they are booking that far in advance.  I would definitely wait until about a month out from your cruise and then check again.

Edited by CruisinCrow

6 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

I just looked at their website and it doesn't show any tours past April.  Where are you seeing June dates?  I don't think they are booking that far in advance.  I would definitely wait until about a month out from your cruise and then check again.

It was showing them for June for me on the PC and ipad. But good news! I had emailed her and she added a 1:30 slot for our cruise! YAY! I had posted a question about Nassau tours some months ago and Bob and a few others had recommended this one - I would honestly have been so disappointed if we hadn't been able to go. But I just signed up on the "new" tour so I'm much happier now 🙂  But I do appreciate your reply - and another recommendation for this tour!

29 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

It was showing them for June for me on the PC and ipad. But good news! I had emailed her and she added a 1:30 slot for our cruise! YAY! I had posted a question about Nassau tours some months ago and Bob and a few others had recommended this one - I would honestly have been so disappointed if we hadn't been able to go. But I just signed up on the "new" tour so I'm much happier now 🙂  But I do appreciate your reply - and another recommendation for this tour!

That's great!  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

3 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

That's great!  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

People have been so positive about this tour so we really wanted to do it. I love snorkeling but honestly there is only so much salt water I care to swallow in a week 😂 This tour is so unique that I am truly excited!

Edited by 2Beeze