Syndey pre/post hotel suggestions

CountessP

Greetings to all!  Can anyone suggest a hotel for 2 nights, in or near the city of Sydney, so we don't need a car.  Perhaps with transportion to the airport.  HAL is offering a package that's $800.  I guess that includes transfers, but are they really that expensive? Suggestions or recommendations appreciated.  I would like to stay under $200 (USD) a night.  Thanks!

8 hours ago, CountessP said:

Greetings to all!  Can anyone suggest a hotel for 2 nights, in or near the city of Sydney, so we don't need a car.  Perhaps with transportion to the airport.  HAL is offering a package that's $800.  I guess that includes transfers, but are they really that expensive? Suggestions or recommendations appreciated.  I would like to stay under $200 (USD) a night.  Thanks!

Yes it is that expensive.

do some research you will get something cheaper but have a good look at at Hal .you may get a backpacker for under $200

Do Sydney cruise back to States every year.

Staying two nights at CBD Intercontinental  ….. Walking distance to ship.....cost …….  free...used points and anniversary date off of IHG card.

Flying to Sydney  basically free...... paid 62 dollars in taxes.....used points off of Chase Preferred card.

For what it's worth, I have done a lot of hotel looking in Sydney for mid-April 2019 and have been surprised at how inexpensive it is for a big city.  I haven't booked anything yet but am leaning towards the Shangri-La on their Horizon Club floor.  That will probably cost us upwards of $400 a night but I'm willing to splurge as this will be the last stop on a five week cruise/land tour of NZ and Australia.

Go to Tripadvisor or Booking.com and put your dates in and see what you get.  Intercontinental, Grace, Shangri-La all might come up under $300 a night.

If cost is a big issue you might try looking just a few blocks farther back from the harbor. Still in the CBD and easy walk to Rocks and harbor area but hotels more geared to business travelers than tourists and significantly less expensive. We decided on the Amora Jamison at under $140/night. We could have had a serviced apartment at about the same price in that area as well.