Far East Cruise Excursion

We have been thinking of booking one of the Asian cruises for Jan/Feb time, but finding out the price of excursions has so far proved impossible.

Marella will not tell you until after you book! How are you supposed to budget your cruise? I am assuming that most of the ports will involve booking excursions

as most attractions seem to be miles away and booking locally will be a no-no I assume,unlike the carribean so the cost for two could run into £1000+. Any other advice on the ports will be much appreciated

39 minutes ago, merciaman said:

We have been thinking of booking one of the Asian cruises for Jan/Feb time, but finding out the price of excursions has so far proved impossible.

Marella will not tell you until after you book! How are you supposed to budget your cruise? I am assuming that most of the ports will involve booking excursions

as most attractions seem to be miles away and booking locally will be a no-no I assume,unlike the carribean so the cost for two could run into £1000+. Any other advice on the ports will be much appreciated

You can book similar excursions to the cruise line here -  https://www.cruisingexcursions.com/

Their prices tend to beat them too. Just enter the details of cruise you're looking at and the itinerary will pop up showing excursions available.

You will also find plenty of reputable excursion companies that are "local" and much cheaper too - alot of the time the cruise company use these companies themselves. Asia is very tourist friendly and are geared up for cruise passengers. Google is your friend - just type the city and excursions

2 minutes ago, Gate54 said:

Just checked prices for cruising excursions.com and they are very expensive.

Like for like they were not for our upcoming cruise -e.g. £48 Marella £42 for cruisingexcursions - but the OP wanted to know about excursions for their cruise and this is a good guide to whats on offer. Of course you will always get cheaper from cutting out these middlemen and going to the company that actually does the excursion. We now mostly do our own thing and only use the cruise lines tours if there is very little in it due to the insurance factor that they won't sail without you.

Hi. It was for the Asian excursions that I checked as we are cruising there in January and as yet we cannot find the definite prices with Marella.

Cruising excursions does give a good idea of what’s on offer.

Edited by Gate54
Spelling

HI,

if you go to your local tui shop they have all the excursions and prices,

we booked online our marella cruise to asia but I have booked all our excursions in a tui shop

with no hassle at all and prices I believe are very good, and remember if anything go's wrong

the ship will wait.

1 hour ago, lexdisic said:

You can book similar excursions to the cruise line here -  https://www.cruisingexcursions.com/

Their prices tend to beat them too. Just enter the details of cruise you're looking at and the itinerary will pop up showing excursions available.

You will also find plenty of reputable excursion companies that are "local" and much cheaper too - alot of the time the cruise company use these companies themselves. Asia is very tourist friendly and are geared up for cruise passengers. Google is your friend - just type the city and excursions

Thanks for the quick reply. My gripe is ,how do I know if they are cheaper if Marella refuse to tell you their prices before you book a cruise? Not having done Asia before I wasnt sure about using independant companies, as we have in other places but from yours and  other replys it seems it may be possible. If anybody has info on some of the Ports on Colurs of the Far East cruise it would be good

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 3:14 PM, Gate54 said:

The Marella prices are there online now for Colours of the Far East, at least they are for the cruise leaving on 24th January.

Thanks,we eventually found them on line and have booked for the 30th Jan. looking forward to it now.