Cyber Monday Sale - What will it be?

TrolleyGirl

Got a quote from my online TA.  Price is the same.  It did originally have a $150 OBC.

Now it is offering a $100 OBC, paid gratuities and a $25 Bev card per person.  Yeah!!!!

The free gratuities is the real bonus since it is a 14 night cruise ($203 per person) so $46 total.

Betty

4 hours ago, grayjay said:

If only it were that easy - at least if you live in Europe... I saw the Cyber Sale offered on the German website as the page appeared when I clicked Offers , did a happy dance because we wanted to book another cruise anyway but wasn't able to find even one cruise - "0 results" when I clicked on the offer  (" find cruises") as suggested. The given phone number on the website didn't work, a travel agency ( a good one we often work with) couldn't get an answer either, cruise line simply said " can't find/don't know/ don't care" or something similar...

Right now it seems that smoke is coming out of my ears because we love the HAL ships and the cruises but communication with the cruise line is quite often difficult and the website .... No, I won't complain about the website again!

So I wonder if anybody in a European country was able to book a cruise under Cyber Sale promo conditions???

Same here!  

We get put on to the UK website (roll on March 2019 and Brexit!)

There is a banner for 'Top 10' cruises, but the linked page is blank.

So today we refared our 21 day Alaska May 2019 cruise. We each saved $323 in fare and are picking up prepaid grats of $304.50 and a $25 beverage card without losing the $50 OBC we already had (and that was all we had before on that particular booking). The Cyber Week sale is my favorite HAL promotion; we've done well with refares three years in a row now. 

9 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Has anyone been able to transfer an existing reservation with a PCC to an outside travel agency and receive the Cyber deal?  Thank you.

Yes, I did it yesterday.  I called HAL, got the Cyber Sale added to my booking.  Then I called the World Cruise Reservation department to transfer my booking to the big box store.  I made sure that the Cyber Sale promo was showing.  i have yet to call the big box store to pay for the cruise (final payment is on Tuesday).  

If the Cyber Sale is available for your cruise (it's not for all cruises), then get it added and then transfer the booking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Yes, I did it yesterday.  I called HAL, got the Cyber Sale added to my booking.  Then I called the World Cruise Reservation department to transfer my booking to the big box store.  I made sure that the Cyber Sale promo was showing.  i have yet to call the big box store to pay for the cruise (final payment is on Tuesday).  

If the Cyber Sale is available for your cruise (it's not for all cruises), then get it added and then transfer the booking.

I am on the 51 day Tales of the South Pacific cruise.  Someone on our Roll Call was able to have it added with no price increase.  She is booked with an outside agency. My category price has increased and I have a feeling my PCC is going to say it can not be added except for at current rate.  This is why I am wondering about transferring to an outside agency.  I am on the road traveling and will not be home until Monday evening.  I have an email into my PCC but I think I know the answer.  It is a significant amount of money( double occupancy) so it is something I need to pursue if I can accomplish it.  

43 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I am on the 51 day Tales of the South Pacific cruise.  Someone on our Roll Call was able to have it added with no price increase.  She is booked with an outside agency. My category price has increased and I have a feeling my PCC is going to say it can not be added except for at current rate.  This is why I am wondering about transferring to an outside agency.  I am on the road traveling and will not be home until Monday evening.  I have an email into my PCC but I think I know the answer.  It is a significant amount of money( double occupancy) so it is something I need to pursue if I can accomplish it.  

For a 51 day cruise, I would certainly pursue it, too!  Well, you could always cancel your original booking and book with an outside agency.  That way you would get the Cyber Sale perks.  Have you priced out the cruise with other agencies?  The big box store has the same price as HAL (for us Canadians; it may be different for Americans) but they offer OBC which makes it worthwhile, plus I get a total of 3% in cash back between my membership and credit card.

We are booked on a 30 day February cruise which is beyond the final payment date.  I called HAL about the Cyber Sale and was given prepaid gratuities and two 25$ drink cards with no change to my original booking or perks.  I was surprised because there is no benefit to HAL, but a $920 benefit to us.  It took less than five minutes.  

CYBER MONDAY SALE GOING ON NOW...….

I had been wanting to check  on this "sale" and so glad I did......on the phone for over an hour but it paid off.

We originally booked the 35 day VOV cruise in July 2018.  It is now paid off.  I knew about the Cyber Monday Sale going on offering prepaid gratuities and a $25 per person beverage card.  I did NOT think it would work for me because of my original booking price BUT today I added $440 more towards our booking (kind of re-fared) and in exchange we will get the offered bonus.  So in reality we will benefit about $550 with gratuities, since we paid $440 more....on this voyage it is about $990 total for gratuities) and we also got the beverage cards ($50) (cant have enough of those) and $50 more Costco dollars of obc .....winner winner chicken dinner. 

Give it a try folks...nothing to lose!  This Monday is the last day available.  CALL NOW and prepare to be on hold a while.

GOOD LUCK and keep us posted how you did

Am I reading some posts correctly (or not) that even if the Cyber Sale price is more than your price on an existing booking (2020, for example), HAL applied the free gratuities without raising your existing price? (We have an outside agent. Should that make a difference?)

Thanks,

Mary-Lou

We just had the cyber sale added to our two existing bookings.  One was after final payment.  Our TA said HAL was happy to add them.  One the gratuities were $135 ea. and the other they were $304 ea.  plus the $25 beverage card for each on each cruise.  That is quite a savings.   I love HAL's cyber sale!!!

On 11/23/2018 at 10:16 PM, VMax1700 said:

Same here!  

We get put on to the UK website (roll on March 2019 and Brexit!)

There is a banner for 'Top 10' cruises, but the linked page is blank.

I'm still trying to find both a polite AND honest expression for Holland America's mess of a website and the cruise line's disinterest in their European customers.

I still wasn't able to access the Cyber Sales page on the German website - it shows "Special Offers- Cyber Sale " but no cruises are listed - tomorrow, on Monday I'll try to call world reservations in the US as obviously in the Rotterdam office nobody cares enough to enquire at the main office or to correct the website - I have been trying to get a correct answer since Friday morning. I'm honestly glad for all CC members from across the Atlantic who have been able to book under Cyber Sale conditions, and I wouldn't complain if the website clearly stated: "We don't care for you European customers, no Sale or Promo for you".

Perhaps I can at least help VMax - the German website also has a banner for Top 10 Cruises, but again offers a blank page only. But the travel agency I usually use ( an Anglo-German one) has got them listed: a really good offer Asia/Westerdam in January, New Zealand on Maasdam, a few Baltic and Med cruises, some of which are still quite expensive. I can't name the travel agency but it's easy to find.

We have an existing booking with a big box TA that a lot of us use.  Final payment isn't until next year. The current price of my reservation is higher than what I paid.  Does anyone know from personal experience if we would have a chance of adding on Cyber perks to our current reservation?  Thanks for any info.

32 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

We have an existing booking with a big box TA that a lot of us use.  Final payment isn't until next year. The current price of my reservation is higher than what I paid.  Does anyone know from personal experience if we would have a chance of adding on Cyber perks to our current reservation?  Thanks for any info.

I didn't ck on pricing, but my TA just had it added to current reservation.  No canceling and re-booking needed.  See if your big box TA can do that.....

In my case, the cruise fare for my May 18, 2020 cruise to Alaska is the same price as it is during the Cyber Sale so I was able to take advantage of the online perks with no additional cost to my original cruise.  I use a big box agent for my cruises.

Edited by Italy52

My TA was away until Monday but another agent stepped up and sent me 2 quotes.  The one with the $100 OBC + paid gratuities + $25 bev car each had a base price $100 more but still a better deal than the original.  It wasn't put on hold and was gone by the time I said to go ahead and book it.  She then came back with another quote that was the same cost as the first one which was lower by $100 but this includes the original $150 (not $100) plus the gratuities and bev card.  An even better deal.

I went to book it and she said we should wait until tomorrow to see if it gets better because of a Cyber Monday deal.  The hold is good until Wed Nov 27th.  I am hoping we book it in time for me to take advantage of any deals on airfare to Shanghai and home from Hong Kong.

Edited by Betty in Cozumel

3 hours ago, Hflors said:

I didn't ck on pricing, but my TA just had it added to current reservation.  No canceling and re-booking needed.  See if your big box TA can do that.....

Update.  The price of my cruise has jumped by $1,000 pp.  I just checked.  Lucky for me TA already got the Cyber Monday sale on our original booking so I don't need to rebook!!