Pinnacle travelling pattern (popular dates/itineraries) + Coastal Kitchen Q

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

The hostess specifically stated  "We have some Pinnacles that need this table." 

They were new, they didn't know what a Pinnacle was. It was a memorable moment for them.  

I believe that a hostess would make this mistake, but I don't believe that a Genie would intentionally do that.

With all this lack of CK seating, pity the poor Sea Class guest who read this benefit:

1060664557_SeaClassCK.jpeg.8fb624537c27c7b182b222c5d6cee28d.jpeg

"Look dear!  We can eat every evening in the Coastal Kitchen.  Gosh! Golly!  Let's upgrade to a Sea Class!"

Reality is they can't even get in the door unless they slip through with a departing Suite/Pinnacle who is leaving.

Edited by twangster

31 minutes ago, twangster said:

The hostess specifically stated  "We have some Pinnacles that need this table." 

They were new, they didn't know what a Pinnacle was. It was a memorable moment for them.  

This story changes with every comment.  

17 minutes ago, twangster said:

With all this lack of CK seating, pity the poor Sea Class guest who read this benefit:

"Look dear!  We can eat every evening in the Coastal Kitchen.  Gosh! Golly!  Let's upgrade to a Sea Class!"

Reality is they can't even get in the door unless they tailgate a departing pineapple who is leaving.

Sea class has "free" access to all specialty restaurants.  Coastal Kitchen would not be on my priority list if I booked Sea class, I would be in specialty for all my dinners.

Edit:  Meant Star, not Sea.

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

This story changes with every comment.  

Sea class has "free" access to all specialty restaurants.  Coastal Kitchen would not be on my priority list if I booked Sea class, I would be in specialty for all my dinners.

How so?  I stated from the beginning a hostess came over and asked them to move for Pinnacles.  

You are thinking Star Class.  Sea Class is JS.  All they get is priority boarding, a walk in closet and an attempt at CK.

Edited by twangster

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

How so?  I stated from the beginning a hostess came over and asked them to move for Pinnacles.  

You are thinking Star Class.  Sea Class is JS.  All they get is priority boarding, a walk in closet and an attempt at CK.

Little details being added, still find it hard to believe the story.  Done discussing it.

I did mean Star, not Sea on other comment.  We sail JS at times and understand that CK for dinner is based on availability.  Not a big deal, would actually prefer breakfast at CK over dinner, but CK access never factors into our decision to book a JS.

50 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Line cutting is not the same thing and you know that. And I have witnessed firsthand a table held for Pinnacles in the CK, as we were denied an unoccupied table that was occupied 10 minutes later by Ps who sat at that same table every night we were there. Strange coincidence. But you just like to play devil's advocate.

Totally different than asking someone to leave in the middle of the meal. And maybe they had reservations. 

And on most of my sailings they always save an 8 top for Star class.

My point on line cutting was that Stsr Class rules the roost, and I'm fine with that.  I would however be concerned if a Star passenger were to boot someone from their table mid meal.

Not really devils advocate, just amused with all the bashing of an entire group of people.

People seem to overlook this important fact. 

General Terms & Conditions Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

For what it’s worth, we were in a Grand Suite on Presidents Cruise. We had a confirmed 630 Dinning time in the CK. A couple of times we were seated promptly. However, on more than one occasion we were not seated as long as 45 minutes. Most other times we were seated approximately 15-30 minutes late.  It seemed people seated early were staying longer than what was considered normal. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, twangster said:

First Royal cruise with zero status other than Sky Class.  

The email from the concierge didn't expressly state to "Reply now and make CK reservation so you can beat all the Pinnacles to it".  I learned that tactic on that cruise and used it on my next Sky Class sailing (as a gold member)

No one in the CK suggested making reservation on day one for the rest of the cruise.  Why would I need to?  I was supposed to get "Priority" reservations!

Gotcha, but how do you know it was Pinnacles that prevented you from getting a seat?

Trying not to appear belligerent,  just curious

52 minutes ago, twangster said:

Well then if the number of suite guests alone can oversubscribe the CK availability, Royal has really screwed up by dumping a bunch of pineapples into the contest for inadequate seating.

Royal screwed the pooch when they dropped DD and went to 7 menus.  And yes, I know Oadis never got DD, but it was supposed to. 😬

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Totally different than asking someone to leave in the middle of the meal. And maybe they had reservations. 

And on most of my sailings they always save an 8 top for Star class.

My point on line cutting was that Stsr Class rules the roost, and I'm fine with that.  I would however be concerned if a Star passenger were to boot someone from their table mid meal.

Not really devils advocate, just amused with all the bashing of an entire group of people.

What about Sky Class? You keep mentioning Star Class, and have alluded that P's trump Sky and Sea according to that sign outside of the terminal.

Edited by Pratique

39 minutes ago, twangster said:

Reality is they can't even get in the door unless they slip through with a departing Suite/Pinnacle who is leaving.

Do you realize that when you include Sea Class you can easily have 500+ passengers trying to dine in a 100 seat venue?  

This is not a Pinnacle problem.  That's all I'm trying to convey.

And how exactly is the door lock issue remotely related to an abundance of Pinnacles on the ship?

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Do you realize that when you include Sea Class you can easily have 500+ passengers trying to dine in a 100 seat venue?  

This is not a Pinnacle problem.  That's all I'm trying to convey.

And how exactly is the door lock issue remotely related to an abundance of Pinnacles on the ship?

Just because there isn't enough seating for every suite guest doesn't mean that the problem isn't being compounded by the Ps. You keep trying this logic but I don't buy it.

26 minutes ago, twangster said:

Bathtub. 😎

Coffee maker

Tea kettle

Dbl C&A points (shortcut to PC) 😉

Big Balcony

Big cabin

Upgraded toiletries

Upgraded mattresses 🤔

After my first Sky Class experience when we couldn't get into the CK for dinner more than twice my subsequent SL/CK experience were better knowing how to beat the system by asking the concierge to make reservation before sailing.  

I've met some great people including a Pinnacle whose name was Bill in the SL.  Met him on our very first Royal cruise then bumped into him again in the SL at the bar on Harmony.  He even managed to get Guinness stocked in the SL for that Harmony cruise which was great because I like Guinness!

So this is not about bashing Pinnacles.  However Royal has created a problem and sooner or later they will need to do something to fix it.  Royal chases revenue and the Suite Class program is all about revenue.  That's not to say they'll forget about the loyalty program, but it's Royal.

I hope one day to make it to that lofty level but then me and the hundreds that make it before me will only contribute to the problem.  

I'd love to think in several years time I'll be a pineapple and have SL/CK access.  Not sure that going to happen though.  

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Gotcha, but how do you know it was Pinnacles that prevented you from getting a seat?

I don't.  But if Sky and Star class alone can create a situation where a Sky class guest can only eat there twice, that's a problem.  Adding more, Sea class and pinnacles to the contest surely just makes it that much worse. 

16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

People seem to overlook this important fact. 

General Terms & Conditions Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

For what it’s worth, we were in a Grand Suite on Presidents Cruise. We had a confirmed 630 Dinning time in the CK. A couple of times we were seated promptly. However, on more than one occasion we were not seated as long as 45 minutes. Most other times we were seated approximately 15-30 minutes late.  It seemed people seated early were staying longer than what was considered normal. 

6:30 is hard to accommodate on a venue that opens at 5:30.  You need all the 5:30 folks out in 60 minutes.  As I recall most of the 5:30 people were Pinnacles, and a good chunk were done in 60 - 90 minutes. 

We were generally done by 6:30 the few nights we dined there.  

14 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Just because there isn't enough seating for every suite guest doesn't mean that the problem isn't being compounded by the Ps. You keep trying this logic but I don't buy it.

John has been selling this snake oil for a while now but he is one of the good guys.  

Edited by Andy C
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 12:41 PM, molly361 said:

I'm surprised that they have not limited the amount of drinks like they do on Celebrity.  They have a 3 drink per day maximum whether consumed in a bar or in their dedicated happy hour venue.

I have said for ages that drinks should be Limited in DL/CL/SL for those in there as a C&A guest. 

• Thanks 1

I'm in a JS on Oasis next week.  I thought about trying to get into CK a few times but then they put the UDP on sale yesterday so I'll just do specialty next week. 

It's just easier than banging on the door hoping to be able to make CK reservations.  While I like CK, it isn't as good as specialty.

Pretty sad that as someone who is eligible to eat dinner at CK, I already know as a Sea Class guest that isn't likely to work out very well.  So yeah, the suite program is diluted as it stands.

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I have said for ages that drinks should be Limited in DL/CL/SL for those in there as a C&A guest. 

Absolutely.  Personally I think they should scrap the DL and just leave all us D+ (and D) with our 3 nightly coupons.  Use the DL space for something else.  Make it a Pinnacle lounge.  They would save enough to expand the happy hour and make it noon to 8pm.  Maybe give D+ an extra coupon but that's just wishful thinking.  

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It's not, never said the door lock was Pinnacle related directly.

It is an attempt to dissuade Sea Class from trying.  It works too.  In another forum this week some Sea Class guests tried banging on the door, got a sideways glance from a Sky/Star/Pinnacle who ignored them so they walked away.  They never ate in CK the whole week.

If Royal wanted Sea Class in there, it's very easy to code a door lock to work during dinner only.  Or they could place the hostess stand outside like they do on Anthem.  

Due to the overcrowding issue (which does involve Pinnacles) Royal doesn't make it easy for Sea Class to use the CK.

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not on a stand alone door system typical on the ship.

Each door has it's own card reader, either slot or RFID.   Unlike a cabin door which is stand alone (but can be updated wirelessly).

If you lose your card and get a replacement your old card will no longer open your cabin door.  They didn't reprogram the magnetic stripe on the lost card, they reprogrammed the door lock.  

Besides, the real answer then is as simple as moving the hostess stand to the other side of the door, like Anthem.  If they wanted Sea Class in there.

Edited by twangster

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

What about Sky Class? You keep mentioning Star Class, and have alluded that P's trump Sky and Sea according to that sign outside of the terminal.

That was just an observation.   😎

Love all, serve all. 

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

It is compounded, never said it wasn't.   Just don't put all the blame on the Pinnacles.