The Drawing room on Journey—also available bars

MomC

I have spent 30 minutes looking at my brochure and these boards trying to find something about the Drawing Room on the Journey.  What is that used for?  Also, what bar would you recommend for a pre-dinner cocktail?

Also, are guests able to find out what the Azamara Special Night activity is before boarding?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Mom C

Journey, April 10 cruise to Charleston and Bermuda

The Drawing Room is a library and reading room on Deck 10. It’s close to the two speciality restaurants.

There are a number of bars you can use pre dinner. If you are eating in Discoveries (the main dining room) then the best bar (in our opinion) is the Discoveries bar which is just before the entrance to Discoveries. If you are dining in the buffet, then the sunset bar( behind Windows buffet on the back of the ship) is lovely. Many people like to have a drink in Spirits bar (Deck 5 amidships) before dinner when eating at Discoveries, whereas the Living Room is handy for a drink before dinner in Windows buffet. One of the beauties of Azamara ships is that they are small so everything is fairly close together. 

The speciality restaurants have their own bars, the one in Prime C is especially nice. You don’t have to be eating there to use them.

Not sure what you mean by ‘Azamara Special Night’. If you mean the Azamazing Evening, you should be able to see it in your Voyage Planner. You can access this through the bottom blue menu at the bottom of Azamara’s webpage. The Azamazing Evening is one of the Excursions - it’s the one with a $0 cost!   If your cruise is not for a while, it might not have been planned yet, so may not be visible yet. Also they don't have one on transatlantic cruises or those of less than a week.

if you mean the ‘White Night’ ( on Deck BBQ Party) you won’t know what night that will be until you get aboard.

Have you looked at the sticky thread ‘Tips for Azamara Newbies’ - lots of helpful information there.

11 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

The Drawing Room is a library and reading room on Deck 10. It’s close to the two speciality restaurants.

There are a number of bars you can use pre dinner. If you are eating in Discoveries (the main dining room) then the best bar (in our opinion) is the Discoveries bar which is just before the entrance to Discoveries. If you are dining in the buffet, then the sunset bar( behind Windows buffet on the back of the ship) is lovely. Many people like to have a drink in Spirits bar (Deck 5 amidships) before dinner when eating at Discoveries, whereas the Living Room is handy for a drink before dinner in Windows buffet. One of the beauties of Azamara ships is that they are small so everything is fairly close together. 

The speciality restaurants have their own bars, the one in Prime C is especially nice. You don’t have to be eating there to use them.

Not sure what you mean by ‘Azamara Special Night’. If you mean the Azamazing Evening, you should be able to see it in your Voyage Planner. You can access this through the bottom blue menu at the bottom of Azamara’s webpage. The Azamazing Evening is one of the Excursions - it’s the one with a $0 cost!   If your cruise is not for a while, it might not have been planned yet, so may not be visible yet. Also they don't have one on transatlantic cruises or those of less than a week.

if you mean the ‘White Night’ ( on Deck BBQ Party) you won’t know what night that will be until you get aboard.

Have you looked at the sticky thread ‘Tips for Azamara Newbies’ - lots of helpful information there.

We loved this room on two of the other 'R' ships, namely Pacific Princess and Royal Princess. The decor was so inspiring.

Enjoy! 

The Drawing Room happens to be on of my secret haunts. Rarely occupied, quiet, very lush decor, And I've been known to sneak a scotch and a good book in there on sea days. As for which bar is best, they are all lovely, staff may rotate around and the quality of your drinks will depend on the bar tender, not the bar. Have fun, just not too much!

In response to Phil you can see the shore excursions for that trip if you look at the individual calendar days but you cannot download them. Thetr is no mention of the evening yet. 

The Azamazing evening on the previous cruise has only been revealed in recent days. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MomC, 

I'm envious you're booked on our 11-night Bermuda & Old South voyage on the Azamara Journey! One because I've not been to either Bermuda or Charleston, and Two, because your voyage will have Captain Johannes, Hotel Director Heike and Cruise Director Eric! They are a fun, fine-tuned team. :classic_biggrin:

Captain Johannes lives in Charleston. It's always fun sailing with a captain when they bring passengers to their home town.

We've just published his recommendations of what to do in his home town. It's a good read! A Captain's Guide to Charleston, SC

Hi Bonnie, thanks for the link...…...his observations and suggestions are very interesting.  I am looking forward to this cruise very much~my first time sailing with Azamara but not my first time visiting both Bermuda and Charleston:classic_smile:

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 8:26 AM, Dr H said:

The Drawing Room happens to be on of my secret haunts. Rarely occupied, quiet, very lush decor, And I've been known to sneak a scotch and a good book in there on sea days.

This conjures up a picture of complete relaxation only in my case it would be a glass of Jameson's as I am contracted (at birth, thank you parents!) to drink it. I have only been on Princess' former R ship the Ocean Princess but that library space was cosy to the Nth power.

I look forward to enjoying it on the Journey  5 weeks from now.

Enjoy your Scotch and book wherever you sail!

Norris