Paul Gauguin’s Beautiful Cruise Documents!

BeachTunes

Oh happy day! Today we received our cruise docs for our December 8 sailing. I must say, they are beautiful! Paul Gauguin is already exceeding our expectations and we aren’t even on board yet! 

I shared a couple of pictures of the documents package on our roll call and it was suggested I share them here too, as they might be new to some. 

I always appreciate any packages cruise lines send since they are rare these days but many aren’t versatile. This by far is my fave docs package I’ve ever received! 

Enough chatter on to the photos! These were taken on my iPhone so hopefully they’ll show up clearly enough here. (I can’t  figure out how to post multiple pictures with text so I’m sharing each picture individually.)

The booklet provides so much helpful information. I poured a glass of wine and read it cover to cover. Being the over-researcher that I am, I’ll probably read it agin before we leave! LOL! I love how it is in binder format so one can take out unneeded pages to help comply with those inter-island baggage requirements. 😉

Here is a handy, compact deck plan of the ship. I have already plotted my route to the tender station... and the piano bar... and La Palette! 🙂

D8F8AD66-96BA-407F-AC28-30FDB2357CD8.jpeg

Edited by BeachTunes
Corrected a type-o.

There is even a nice Journal section at the back. I suppose one could add more pages if desired. It could even make for a nice mini scrap book with memories of the cruise. 

0D7F1B1A-2515-4B9A-9BBC-C3E16DD871EA.jpeg

DB7DD247-F087-4CF5-AE25-882DD91A22B6.jpeg

Edited by BeachTunes
Corrected a type-o.

3 minutes ago, BeachTunes said:

Oh happy day! Today we received our cruise docs for our December 8 sailing. I must say, they are beautiful! Paul Gauguin is already exceeding our expectations and we aren’t even on board yet! 

I shared a couple of pictures of the documents package on our roll call and it was suggested I share them here too, as they might be new to some. 

I always appreciate any packages cruise lines send since they are rare these days but many aren’t versatile. This by far is my fave docs package I’ve ever received! 

Enough chatter on to the photos! These were taken on my iPhone so hopefully they’ll show up clearly enough here. (I can’t  figure out how to post multiple pictures with text so I’m sharing each picture individually.)

Wow they are nice!   Makes me excited for our cruise.  I would love to hear how you enjoyed the cruise when you come back.  We are going the same time but in 2019 and I’m a little worried about the rainy season.  Bon Voyage!!

• Like 1

And finally, here is a shot that I took to try to show the size and material inside the folio. It’s the type cooler bags are made of. It would fit an iPad mini with ease and possibly the newer generation, larger tablets. It would also be handy for wet swimsuits after post-cruise, pre-flight day room stays in Tahiti! 

Thanks Paul Gauguin for sending us a little extra sparkle on a frigid day while we impatiently wait for our journey. Well done! 

E9371060-5BD6-458A-B051-E242B2916340.jpeg

Edited by BeachTunes
Corrected a type-o.

18 minutes ago, MNmomof4 said:

Wow they are nice!   Makes me excited for our cruise.  I would love to hear how you enjoyed the cruise when you come back.  We are going the same time but in 2019 and I’m a little worried about the rainy season.  Bon Voyage!!

They are SO nice. I'm happy the pictures helped build excitement for your cruise! The manta ray folio really impressed me. It will be used often. 

I will be sure to post a trip report with lots of photos and hopefully some video footage when we return.

We too are slightly concerned about the weather there this time of the year but we are hopeful it won't be a total wash out. And, as long as there isn't any lightning, we can still snorkel! 🙂  With the wind chill it was -15C (5 Fahrenheit!) here in the Toronto today. I'll take tropical rain over this any day. (OK, not TOO much rain. LOL!) Enjoy your countdown! 

Edited by BeachTunes

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, BeachTunes said:

And finally, here is a shot that I took to try to show the size and material inside the folio. It’s the type cooler bags are made of. It would fit an iPad mini with ease and possibly the newer generation, larger tablets. It would also be handy for wet swimsuits after post-cruise, pre-flight day room stays in Tahiti! 

Thanks Paul Gauguin for sending us a little extra sparkle on a frigid day while we impatiently wait for our journey. Well done! 

E9371060-5BD6-458A-B051-E242B2916340.jpeg

My wife says that will hold a lot of black pearls........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jodiella said:

Would only certain cabins get these docs?  My TA just called PG about our docs and the ladies she talked to said they only do e-docs now and that our luggage tags can be picked up at the pier.

😞

My Wife and I have the least expensive room on the ship (way down in the dungeon) and we still got these great docs,book and case . You should complain to your travel agent and also direct to PG. There's still time for them to get this to you.

Edited by azlew

I spoke to our TA.  They said the explanation from PG was that when final payment is requested, they ask at that time about e-docs or paper docs...but our TA said they were not given that option.  In any case, they are now on their way, but since we are in Canada and there is a strike, I am not holding my breath we will get them before we leave in 10 DAYS!!!   We are getting excited!

Oh well...if they don't arrive in time, we will still have a neat keepsake for when we get home.

2 hours ago, alwaysonaship said:

I just emailed our TA to make sure we receive these. They are lovely 

After hearing here that PG was sending them direct to people that had booked direct with PG, I called my TA and they were surprised that I thought there was anything else besides a pdf doc. I told them I wanted the package now and they had PG rush it to us via 2 day mail. I blame my TA for not automatically having this done. After receiving the package and going thru it = we can safely say it is the best pre-cruise package we have ever received. 

If you don't have yours now = contact PG direct and have it sent now. There is still time!

Edited by azlew

36 minutes ago, MNmomof4 said:

Beach Tunes,  Did you get your air through PG?  If not, how far ahead did you book?  Thanks!

Hi! We booked our flights on our own, around 9 or 10 weeks in advance if I remember correctly. We are thrilled that the wait is nearly over. One week from today we will be on route to Tahiti! 🙂

Edited by BeachTunes

9 minutes ago, BeachTunes said:

Hi! We booked our flights on our own, around 9 or 10 weeks in advance if I remember correctly. We are thrilled that the wait is nearly over. One week from today we will be on route to Tahiti! 🙂

Thanks for the info!   I see sales every now and then but I’m a planner and like to book early.  It’s so exciting for you guys and to know that it will be me next year!  

12 hours ago, summit011604 said:

Hi Ellen! 

I just stumbled on this thread.  I hope you have a fabulous time in Tahiti!  I will be watching for that trip report.  Give our best to Jamie.  Bon voyage!!

Paul and Tim

Hi Paul and Tim! 

We miss you two! As you know, we adore Crystal and while we wanted to cruise with them again this December, they are doing Caribbean routes again and we wanted to knock another region off our bucket list. We can't wait! Stay tuned for the trip report which I'll be sharing post-cruise as I plan to spend all my time soaking in the sights, sounds and tastes of the islands! 🌴🍹⛰️🚢 I hope we get the chance to sail with you again someday.

Wishing you all the best of the holiday season!

• 4 weeks later...