Are the cabin walls thinner on the Escape than the Breakaway?

MusterDrill55

I've been on the Breakaway many times, and sailed the Escape for the first time last month. 

I was in a balcony cabin (no connecting door), and was shocked how clearly I could hear my neighbors. They weren't loud or obnoxious, but I could literally hear every word they said even just having a normal volume conversation. I almost felt like I was eavesdropping. 

Never noticed that on the Breakaway, even when I did have rowdier neighbors and/or a connecting cabin. 

Personally, I don't think the walls are any thinner (or, vice versa - thicker / better sound-insulated) between the BA and the Escape.  We just got off the Escape 3 weeks ago and barely heard anything from our neighbors on either side ... locations of the bed(s) and TV might've been a factor.  

We're been on the BA where we've heard honeymooners coming from our next door Balcony thru the wall, non-connecting &  we don't leave the sliding door open for a sea breeze ... at 3 or 4 in the morning.  I actually "woke" up as Mrs. M is supposed to be a light sleeper, not me, and, those Queen sized beds supposed to be offset & alternating with the location ... OMG, I wasn't dreaming with the ooohhh's & aaahhh's :classic_biggrin: 

Was going to slip a note under their door if they continued with it nightly, to keep the noise level down a notch, with our comp'd bottle of "Duc" sparking bubbles. 

Edited by mking8288
  • Haha 1

Od dear I hope not. Daughter and hubby sailing with 3 year old and 14 month old. Their neighbors on one side are our friends...The other side is us, well we have connecting mini suites. I would feel bad if the kids keep up my friends. The kids are typically good sleepers, but you never know in a new environment. I guess we''l have to make them real tired 🙂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cathi007 said:

Od dear I hope not. Daughter and hubby sailing with 3 year old and 14 month old. Their neighbors on one side are our friends...The other side is us, well we have connecting mini suites. I would feel bad if the kids keep up my friends. The kids are typically good sleepers, but you never know in a new environment. I guess we''l have to make them real tired 🙂

if they are light sleepers suggest your friends bring earplugs