Cruise Cover/Flights

Coral2018

Hi

Next month I am travelling to New York from the UK and staying for a few days. I am then travelling onto Puerto Rico to take a cruise around the Caribbean

My travel insurance company have said that they wont pay for any delays in flights from New York to Puerto Rico and that they only cover the original UK flight and the one back. 

Does anyone know if there are any companies that would cover this or is it something that cant be covered?

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  there is a forum here for Cruise/Travel insurance under Cruise Discussion topics:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/499-cruisetravel-insurance/

Be aware that most of the members of this forum are from North America, and insurance regulations may differ from what you have in the UK.  EM

What do you expect the insurance to cover in case of delays? - the cost of your cruise in case you miss it? You will likely not find any insurance with that coverage. 

My advise is to fly into San Juan the day before your cruise at the latest. Then an insurance for delay IMO doesn’t matter. I have been flying a lot over the past 35 yesrs and never got any compensation for delays from my insurance- have got compensation from airline.

The issue with that may be, that some 3rd party insurers will not write insurance for a trip in progress.  They will only cover from you leaving your house to returning to your house, inclusive.