Officers, Cruise Directors, Lecturers

Nickey Doo

Does anybody know who the Cruise Director will be on the Voyager sailing on January 27th, 2019?

Why can't Regent publish a list of the officers,, lecturers, and entertainers for each and every cruise on the website - Crystal does exactly that.

Sure, things can change, that's understandable, but it's always nice to know this information before you sail, maybe even before you even book!!!

17 minutes ago, Nickey Doo said:

Does anybody know who the Cruise Director will be on the Voyager sailing on January 27th, 2019?

Why can't Regent publish a list of the officers,, lecturers, and entertainers for each and every cruise on the website - Crystal does exactly that.

Sure, things can change, that's understandable, but it's always nice to know this information before you sail, maybe even before you even book!!!

I'm on Voyager now and will ask the General Manager who will be replacing David Nevin as Cruise Director in December.  Davor - who will still be on Voyager on January 27th is leaving in February - not sure of the date.'

Lecturers are listed for your cruise on the rssc.com website.  It seems that every time Regent publishes a list of officers, it changes.  For instance, Davor is suppose to be going home next month but has agreed to a two month extension.  I would rather not know that be given misinformation.  I still don't know who will be our C.D. in February but will wait until I get a definitive answe4r. 

Entertainers also change quite a bit.  Some are only onboard for a couple of days but get "stuck" on the ship when, as on our cruise, ports where they were suppose to disembark are missed.   Nature's Rhythm is currently on board and typically stay for a few months.  The Regent Singers and Dancers as well as the Regent Signature Orchestra are always onboard (but they do change the cast/musicians).

This isn't much help but we are all on the same boat (pun intended)😉

P.S.  Crystal only has two ocean going ships so it would be much easier to post this information than Regent who is managing not only their four ships but have to plan for their 5th ship.  I can tell you, based on reports on CC, that Crystal  has better entertainment (in general) than Regent and Regent has things that Crystal does not have/offer.  

Edited by Travelcat2

I'd also like to know who the officers will be, but it would be more of a curiosity thing for me - I don't think the crew would make or break a cruise decision for me.  Yes, a good captain or CD or whoever can enhance a cruise experience, but I'm at the point in my life where I have to book cruises based on dates, duration, and itinerary, so the names of crew members isn't that high up on my 'cruise decision matrix'.

And I think it's true that publishing this information could potentially cause more problems for Regent in the case of last-minute changes.  I can see someone getting cheesed off that the CD they wanted to sail with moved to another ship a month early or whatever - just something else to potentially upset some long-term customers.  I personally think the risks and hassles of posting that info outweigh the potential benefits for Regent.

Bill, we feel the same way and we don’t care either.  Having cruised luxury lines of course we get to know the crew but it is not a deal breaker for us if someone is not on.  Who ever is on is just fine for us.  We have many cruises on Crystal and a few on Regent and Silversea and of course you get to know some of the crew but they have lives as well and vacation time and if they are not on they will be missed but we will not turn down a cruise based on crew or butler absent.

We do not sail on a particular itinerary because of who the officers will be.  However, sailing with some officers and crew for so many years, they are like an extended family and we love sailing with them.  On the cruise we just departed from, having Davor as G.M. and Daniela as F&B was amazing - such incredible people (and the cherry on the cake was seeing Zaldy and meeting Roxanne for the first time).  

I do not understand why the information cannot be published on the Regent website and/or the RSSC page on FB.

It would only take 15mins of someone’s time to collate the info from HR and publish/update say monthly for 3 to 6 months ahead.

Obviously there would need to be the caveat that things can and do change at short notice for various reasons.

If info for a particular post is not available or an individual does not want their info posted publicly then just mark as TBA.

Personally I do not see the difficulty but if it is more complicated or there is a good reason for not publishing the details then I am sure someone from Regent will respond.

We find having the info prior to a cruise to be interesting and helps with our expectations; but no it does not colour our thinking on which cruise to choose or cause us to rethink our future plans.

Edited by flossie009

Unfortunately, as I have learned this week, it is not as simple as it sounds.  We are on Explorer in 2 1/2 months and the information I am seeking regarding officers on our cruise has just been finalized but is not yet available.  I did write to Jason O'Keefe and this information is from him (hoping that he may also chime in).  

Keep in mind, it what this entails.  They need schedules for the Captain, General Manager, F&B Director and other officers on the ship in addition to entertainment and likely many things that I'm not thinking about.  

As far as expectations, I agree with Bill.  Rather than be disappointed, thanks to Cruise Critic, it is easy enough to ask someone on the ship.  Most times they know who will be replacing them when they are on vacation.  This is how I found out who our G.M. will be in February.  

Hi Jackie, you'll be getting on as we get off next February. So, who is the GM? I assume he/she will be on our cruise and continuing on yours. If you know CD and F&B Director, I'll love to hear it too. We also love Daniela. She's so good.

Have a wonderful Christmas. Too bad we'll miss each other. It was nice cruising with you on Explorer a couple of years ago and also on Mariner Cape Town to Cape Town.

15 minutes ago, forevertravel said:

Hi Jackie, you'll be getting on as we get off next February. So, who is the GM? I assume he/she will be on our cruise and continuing on yours. If you know CD and F&B Director, I'll love to hear it too. We also love Daniela. She's so good.

Have a wonderful Christmas. Too bad we'll miss each other. It was nice cruising with you on Explorer a couple of years ago and also on Mariner Cape Town to Cape Town.

I loved the Cape Town to Cape Town cruise - it was such a great itinerary.

So, the G.M. is Massimo but no word on CD (yet).  I was hoping for John Barron because he goes on vacation in December and will probably return in February but do not know which ship.  Will post when I learn more (likely in a couple of weeks).

Of course, if they DID want to do something like that, it could be as simple as adding a button to the 'Our Ships' page and having a small data table pop up:

image.thumb.png.f43aaa5b1a7fb9bc1a2376e3b6c4b055.png

Realistically it wouldn't take much to implement or maintain...but you have to wonder if there's really enough interest in this for Regent to set up and maintain it.  I really don't think most people care that much about the crew until their 5th cruise or better, and by that time, we're already hooked.   :classic_biggrin:

Of course, it would have to be prettier, and it would be best as a pop-up window rather than a dialog bubble, but I don't have the time or energy to do it right.  Can you tell it's Friday afternoon in the office?

Bill, I'm guessing that the issue is not setting up and updating the information on the internet.  If it were, they would surely know who a CD was going to be in 2 1/2 months.  I was in contact with a CD about a month ago and the person did not know where they would be in February.  Then I heard a rumor (not from Corporate) that Captain Serena will be on our cruise which is not possible since she is currently on another cruise - they only work for 3 months at a time and then take a vacation for 2 months.  So, obviously, she would not be available in February.  I do know from the G.M. on the Voyager currently that he is doing a longer than normal assignment on ....... likely to give other G.M.'s the opportunity to be with their families for the holidays.

IMHO, this will get even more difficult as we approach the debut of Splendor.  If it is confusing now - wait until they have another new ship!

P.S.  Bill - maybe you should try to get a job at Corporate and figure all of this out for us.  It is definitely in your wheelhouse.:classic_rolleyes:

I'll jump and gladly add some the following:

Bill, love your idea.. but it's a bit more complicated than that - as we're think this detail relates to specific voyages. There may be a chance to extract the info from the current voyage up to the page you reference: the 'current location' info for our ships, but think that most people will want to refer to this based on "their" booked voyage. We ultimately think this may be more useful under the 'Onboard Activities" tab for each voyage. 

But not wanting to get ahead of myself, this is only a wish list item that is on the table for potential future web development.  It's not a done deal yet and may be something we can bring to life later next year hopefully.  It is a topic that has come often and there is general interest in adding this, however, no guarantee on when we might expect to complete this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

Realistically it wouldn't take much to implement or maintain...but you have to wonder if there's really enough interest in this for Regent to set up and maintain it.  I really don't think most people care that much about the crew until their 5th cruise or better, and by that time, we're already hooked.   :classic_biggrin:

The VAST majority don't care who the Captain or GM or FB or CD is going to be on any given cruise and staff changes constantly anyways.   Travelcat2 and a few others care, but then again she already has most of them on her email contact list. LOL

Edited by commodore2010

43 minutes ago, commodore2010 said:

The VAST majority don't care who the Captain or GM or FB or CD is going to be on any given cruise and staff changes constantly anyways.   Travelcat2 and a few others care, but then again she already has most of them on her email contact list. LOL

The question about who going to be on the ______ (fill in the blank) on a particular cruise comes up consistently.  Most Regent cruisers are return passengers so I would say that the majority have an interest in knowing.  

BTW, a lot of us are on Facebook with officers and crew members.  If I had their email addresses, I would certainly not bother them.  

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, UUNetBill said:

Of course, if they DID want to do something like that, it could be as simple as adding a button to the 'Our Ships' page and having a small data table pop up:

image.thumb.png.f43aaa5b1a7fb9bc1a2376e3b6c4b055.png

Of course, it would have to be prettier, and it would be best as a pop-up window rather than a dialog bubble, but I don't have the time or energy to do it right.  Can you tell it's Friday afternoon in the office?

Seeing this page of the website reminds me of a question I have about where the page that had more information about the ships went.  There used to be a link where you could see information about the size of the ships, the number of passengers and crew, the number of suites, etc..  Is this data available anywhere on the website anymore?

14 minutes ago, cruisegal919 said:

Seeing this page of the website reminds me of a question I have about where the page that had more information about the ships went.  There used to be a link where you could see information about the size of the ships, the number of passengers and crew, the number of suites, etc..  Is this data available anywhere on the website anymore?

The only place I can find it is on the View Deck Plans page, then download the pdf file of the specific ship, the details are on the pdf's.

3 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

The only place I can find it is on the View Deck Plans page, then download the pdf file of the specific ship, the details are on the pdf's.

Thanks!!  That's it.  If Regent is reading, you may want to add this to the list of updates for the website.  It's static information so it wouldn't need to be constantly updating.  I know I find it informative and it helps tell the story of how great the guest to space/crew ratio is. It's kind of hidden where it is now.  Or at least it was to me 🙂

Who will be where is becoming more convoluted by the minute.  Here is an example:

A friend that is doing the WC (world cruise) heard that Massimo would be the G.M. on the Navigator when they embark in January.  The problem is that we were told that Massimo would be on Explorer in February........ and, I just read on another thread that he will be on Explorer around December 17th which fits in with him being on Explorer in February.  

There is also an issue with Davor who will be on the WC (and so will Andreas).  Guessing that Andreas will begin the WC (based on when he went on vacation) and then Davor will take over.

Like some other posters, we do have our favorites but rather than being upset by not knowing what is going on, I find it interesting and a bit funny (funny because I talk to friends and we both think we'll have the same G.M. - different ships - same month).  

Anyway, hoping to learn who our CD will be soon but am not stressing over it.  It will be what it will be.

Edited by Travelcat2

I posted this on the other thread.  According to our World Cruise documents, The General Manager from January 4 - March 20 will be Nickie Sheils.  The General Manager from March 8 to May 15 will be Andreas Piccinin.

7 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

I posted this on the other thread.  According to our World Cruise documents, The General Manager from January 4 - March 20 will be Nickie Sheils.  The General Manager from March 8 to May 15 will be Andreas Piccinin.

And the plot thickens......... Davor thinks that he will be on the WC (as of a week or so ago).