Carnival Dream - LIVE- Dec 2-9 NOLA to Western Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

12 hours ago, Tssweety said:

We just booked this yesterday!  Hoping it is great. My son and dil have been to Mr. Sanchos and loved it so we are all trying nachi in a few weeks. Fingers crossed for a great day!!  Any tips?

Nachi is not as much “fun” as Mr Sancho’s. No blow up toys to play on and no loud music playing. But the food is great (we love the guacamole) and the drinks are free flowing. I’ve been known to sit at the swim up bar and just keep trying different shots...  😉. One trip I was not feeling too great the next morning and pretty much skipped Belize. I wasn’t too bummed by that tho.

The beach is pretty, but not worth snorkeling in if that’s your thing. They offer a boat ride to a reef for that tho. No, Nachi is a place to relax on the beach under a palapa and just eat and drink.  Makes me sound like a drunk doesn’t it...  😆

One item of note. They do not offer unlimited food, only unlimited drinks. I think it’s basically 3 items per person plus desert. However, we feed at least 2 of us with one order of guacamole. Same for the nachos. And the fish main dish is big. So we actually split 6 items between the two of us. The more I think about it, I don’t think we’ve ever actually used all 6 of our items, and we’ve always left satisfied. You can find their menu with a simple google search. Ignore the prices on the menu. That must be to satisfy some regulations or what they pay in taxes.

Enjoy your day. We are going there when we sail the Dream in February.

Bob

Thanks! We are more for a casual day anyway. So the quieter day with the beverages and food is great. I think that amount of food will be plenty. Everyone says the guacamole is great!! Thank you for your experience. We leave in the dream in 17 days!! 

I'll be on this cruise too! We are flying down to NOLA tomorrow to spend some time there before we leave on the cruise. I really enjoyed your last live review. We have only cruised once before on Carnival - the Pride out of Baltimore two years ago. It was too cold, so we are trying New Orleans this time.

Linda

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, linda513 said:

I'll be on this cruise too! We are flying down to NOLA tomorrow to spend some time there before we leave on the cruise. I really enjoyed your last live review. We have only cruised once before on Carnival - the Pride out of Baltimore two years ago. It was too cold, so we are trying New Orleans this time.

Linda

If you’re going to be downtown, checkout the Krewe of Jingle parade at 1pm on Saturday. I’m trying to make that as well as Celebration in the Oaks at City Park that night.

10 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m trying to make that as well as Celebration in the Oaks at City Park that night.

Let me know how it is, if you make it!  I'm thinking of checking this out on 12/29, before we head out on the Dream on the 30th.  We went to the Scout Island in City Park in October. It was pretty cool, but a little pricey.

Good morning!

370031c41347b6b066c8ea48dc78b591.jpg

They got a racket going at that AT&T Stadium. They tell you lyft is the way to go. It’s only $25. Parking is $50. You might as well just get a ride. But once you get there and the event is over it’s like...”you want to get back? That’ll be $85.” And they’re coordinated. Lyft, Uber, taxis, everything was $85 for the return trip. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Good morning!

370031c41347b6b066c8ea48dc78b591.jpg

They got a racket going at that AT&T Stadium. They tell you lyft is the way to go. It’s only $25. Parking is $50. You might as well just get a ride. But once you get there and the event is over it’s like...”you want to get back? That’ll be $85.” And they’re coordinated. Lyft, Uber, taxis, everything was $85 for the return trip. 

Wooooooow that is insane !!!!!! 

One local beer wouldn’t hurt. This is the Revolver Brewing Blood and Honey.

412b0b4ca8f7dce71bbaeb4d6c6ff08a.jpg

db3682be65b592becd339a99927118de.jpg

This would be an awesome place to watch football on Sunday if you want to see all the games. This is from upstairs.

52f43104f48490836b9c4b1169477caa.jpg

I think I counted 14 bars in this building and 3 outside. Guy F. Has a taco place in here. There’s a steakhouse, a pizza place, the brew pub and restaurant...and a couple others.

a480806400c3a17a9c7b41eae46f6bf0.jpg

9d518b026e659f82ca9879818dd25680.jpg

It looks like the bad weather has moved back from afternoon to nighttime. So I’m currently deciding if I should stop in north Louisiana and let the storm blow over...or try to get down to Baton Rouge before it hits there. It looks like it’s going to hit there around 8...and I think I would get there around 9. 

I’m leaning towards making a run for Baton Rouge. I really want to make that Krewe of Jingle parade in downtown New Orleans at 1pm tomorrow...and I’d like to grab lunch down there before that. I’d have to leave north Louisiana around 6am to make it all happen. Baton Rouge would just be an hour out. As I’ve mentioned with excursions I hate being rushed out the door early in the morning on vacation...so I’m leaning toward trying to outrun the storm tonight.

I made it. The storm was moving northeast so I went 20 miles further south than I  normally would’ve before heading east. Most of the storm was gone by the time I started heading east...but I caught up to it.

bed9a7bd7c9a8b85b67b4d44a6c6b4e7.jpg

So I get to the hotel and start hearing questions I don’t like to hear when I’m tired, hungry, and just drove through and entire state without stopping to use the bathroom. “Are you sure you booked this hotel?” “Are you sure it’s under your name?” I turn to my invisible travelmate and ask...”did we book it under your name? No it was under my name.” It turns out I booked it for tomorrow by mistake. I booked on Hotwire and she said I’d have to call them. I’m like “do you have a bathroom I can borrow first?” By the time I got out she had the date changed for me...and I have my big comfy beautyrest bed.

1da93f857592cddd1cd8a43b22ce4935.jpg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1