Carnival Dream - LIVE- Dec 2-9 NOLA to Western Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

This is good to hear....that if a person messes up, it is possible to get the date changed once booked. DH and I book through Hotline almost exclusively while traveling. 

Glad you made it safely to Baton Rouge and, along with others, I eagerly await today's posts and photos.

Good morning! I slept great last night and I’m super glad I made that drive yesterday. Last night I’m brushing my teeth before bed and I hear something dripping....then I feel something at my feet. The sink was leaking! Too late for me to want to switch rooms. I was going to be here less than 12 hours and most of them I’d be asleep. So I  the ice bucket as a sink this morning. 

My bright shine  breakfast choice of the day...actually I would’ve chosen orange juice. But breakfast started at 8:30 and I didn’t get there until 8:32....I missed it. All gone by then. Next time I’ll try to be on time.

4ae2528ddf4d282408058d70353d745d.jpg

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Good afternoon from the Bliss, St Greg... Have an awesome cruise this week!...

It's going to be GREAT fun for your readers to have you both on a ship the same week. Have a great trip Gents, we'll be following!

IMG_20181201_110416.jpg

I booked my parking on parking panda...$4 for 7 hours. Well I didn’t print out my receipt. I was thinking I could scan the digital copy at the garage. Wrong. You have to put it on your window or risk being booted. I parked high and away from other cars because I don’t want any door dings. There’s no elevator at this garage which is fine. I don’t mind stairs. I get downstairs and everyone is at a machine getting a ticket to put in their windshield. I explain my plight to one lady. She suggests going to the library to print out my receipt...just a few blocks away she says. I say I’d rather just pay again. As I’m standing there watching people struggle with entering their license plate into the keypad and inserting single dollar after single dollar I decide it may be quicker to go print it out. There’s like 6 people in front of me. 

I get to the library and I’m amazed how many people are in there. I haven’t used a library in 15 years. Even at the end of college I was able to use online sources. I don’t have library card so I have to wait for a guy to get me a guest pass. I go queue up my receipt and to print I have to go to another part of the library to get change because the printer doesn’t take cards or 20’s. I get my printout and get back to the car. I was running a half hour behind where I wanted to be..now I’m an hour behind. I’m still going to try for lunch before the parade.

I looked for a spot where I was bigger than all of the kids and stronger than the adults in the event we came to blows over parade throws.  

In the middle basically where the street car tracks are so you can get the parade on both sides...coming and going.11def91eb3b17095fe0568c478ec83a4.jpg

7654b0f066f089e4d11e28f61a9499ad.jpg

4a487f9e163231363c1ee61b474f870b.jpg

6ec3b4c99f08496192a81a7dd95dd103.jpg

b9400a5094e8625c81b16d0887e3fbb5.jpg

You may have noticed I moved to a different spot on the other side of the street. I had a bunch of kids jump in front of me at the other spot so nobody was throwing me anything. So I found a spot beteween two cars where nobody was standing....a honey hole... there’s nobody else to throw to there. So the people who are constantly wanting to throw stuff have no choice but to throw to me.