Wine packages, Internet and Dress Code

resordanis

Hi all,

Having trouble getting around this  new CC site, so just wondering whether someone can tell me what the current wine package prices are please on Queen Elizabeth?

Also, is the internet still very slow? We have just been on Royal Caribbean and this new VOOM was extremely slow at times. We will have only 90 minutes allocated to us on QE but not sure about purchasing another 120 minutes for $45 if it is extremely slow.

Finally, just looked at the dress code and most nights are smart attire, would this mean just a jacket for men or a suit? Seems to me dress standards are diminishing! They certainly have on other cruise lines lately, but I didn’t think on Cunard.

thanks in advance.

Wine packages mean a saving of up to 10% (Commodore Selection) and no 15% charge. If in Spanish waters, then no IVA either. However it is charged in USD so price varies. Years ago, they gave a very good rate all year, but now it fluctuates.

The internet was upgraded last year and again, a few weeks ago when on board, we found it adequate. It will never match your home broadband, but if you choose your time well, it works. For example between 9:00 am and 10:00 am it's slow, because everyone is on, but if you log on at 7:00 am it's quite good.

For some time now, the dress code has been 2 x Black Tie per week on a cruise and 3 per week on a crossing, but if it's an odd number of days, say 13, then it will be 3 formals in total.

In QG most men wear ties on a non-formal night.

Hope that helps.

Stewart

Thanks for the information. The internet unfortunately is something we all need now, but very expensive unfortunately.  We get 120 minutes each, so will work with it. We have 4 formal nights and the rest informal.

I found the wine list and package prices too.

thanks again.

Edited by resordanis
Spelling

11 hours ago, resordanis said:

Thanks for the information. The internet unfortunately is something we all need now, but very expensive unfortunately.  We get 120 minutes each, so will work with it. We have 4 formal nights and the rest informal.

I found the wine list and package prices too.

thanks again.

I am not sure if you are paying in sterling but regarding the price of the wine package I have just purchased one for my January cruise. I  was charged in sterling and the exchange rate worked out at $1.35 against the published dollar price.  That makes the package even more of a saving for UK passengers as the market rate for sterling is $1.26 to $1.30 at the moment.

On 11/26/2018 at 5:17 PM, orchestrapal said:

Based on the lack of quality the Internet should be FREE!

If it was free you’d never be able to get on it at all!!!!

It’s only the fact that it is so expensive that ekes out the limited bandwidth over 2000 passengers all wanting to browse Facebook at once.

Just a tip, be very careful to log off properly. Sometimes it freezes and if you don’t persevere you can find that all your package has gone when you next come to log on. If that happens then the nice lady in Connexxions will give you back your minutes if you make a convincing case.

On 11/25/2018 at 10:01 PM, Matelot70 said:

I am not sure if you are paying in sterling but regarding the price of the wine package I have just purchased one for my January cruise. I  was charged in sterling and the exchange rate worked out at $1.35 against the published dollar price.  That makes the package even more of a saving for UK passengers as the market rate for sterling is $1.26 to $1.30 at the moment.

Impressive. I like that Commodore Collection...

963117230_CunardWinepackage4CommodoresCollectionWhite.jpg.724951982fbca63109a3293281273b21.jpg2040790364_CunardWinepackage5CommodoresCollectionRed.thumb.jpg.1d00844b5dd6ad9dea4289101ef8de5c.jpg

We have seen the current Wine List posted  here on CC and have decided not to purchase a wine package for our 18 nights. We feel we will be able to purchase a bottle each night and pay the gratuities and still be under the prices on the wine packages. Now to tackle the internet issue!

I also understand that there is no coffee card on QE?

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, Matelot70 said:

Can you purchase the wine package via the cruise personaliser ?

On 12/2/2018 at 11:34 PM, kir royale said:

Can you purchase the wine package via the cruise personaliser ?

Not the Commodore or Captains selection. I called Cunard and they quote the price in sterling. These packages are different to the create your own packages that seem to have appeared more recently.

• 2 weeks later...

We were advised that a "Wine Package" was available, details to be available during 1st dinner ..... this never eventuated, we were never asked and just settled for a purchase when 1 bottle was empty (even that was a chore for them).  The dress standards are strictly adhered to (QE Nov 18) and was refused service without a jacket, despite it being OK on 5 previous evenings. Not sure how this will go down with Aussies during her (QE) Australian season.

Cheers Tom & Maureen