Explorer Lisbon to Cape Town Nov 28 until dragged kicking & screaming off

1982CruzStart

22 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Great decisions to have...tell us what you ended up with!

Our dinner in Pacific Rim did not disappoint.

We shared a table with a very friendly and interesting couple which made the meal even more enjoyable.

We started with Dim Sum and crispy snow crab and then main courses of aromatic duck with noodles and lamb in a spicy sauce; dessert was passion fruit cake and green tea panacotta 

Lunch in Chartreuse yesterday was also excellent. Again we shared a table, this time with two other lovely couples, so our animated conversations lasted until mid afternoon

21 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Also, if possible, please see hello to Capt Serena from Roberto and Pam (the cat lovers from South Florida!).  We enjoyed seeing her most mornings at the Coffee Connection where she would kindly take the time to chat with us for a few minutes

We will pass on your regards next time we see her, which will not be long as she is always around the ship interacting with guests.

Captain’s Reception last night was well attended with most guests dressing up for the occasion.

Well over 500 guests on board are Regent returnees, which is impressive.

After the first night and day rocking & rolling in high seas, last night things calmed down significantly so hopeful of smooth sailing in the future.

12 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Sorry to hear that the seas are rough and that you became a bit seasick.  I do not recall the seas in different places around the world being as rough as this year (Mariner missing ports in the Pacific Ocean a month or so ago and Voyager cancelling some ports in the Atlantic in order to avoid 30 ft. waves ..... not sure what is going on).  Hope that the seas calm down for you.    Captain Serena told us that the first three days of a cruise your system is getting used to the movement of the ship and many people are tired at the beginning of a cruise.  I remembered her words when on the Voyager and was happy that we didn't hit the rough seas until around the 5th day at sea and everyone seemed to handle it just fine.

Feel better soon.  Look forward to your posts.

This morning is a brand new day.  Feeling great but of course we are in port.  Looking forward to our tour this afternoon.  We have a few port days in a row so all should be good before we have our next sea day or 2. 

14 hours ago, forevertravel said:

Hi 1982CruzStar, I'm glad your DH is doing fine and both of you enjoying the Explorer. The Explorer is my favorite ship. We cruised together Beijing to Bangkok many years ago. If you have the time, can you find out if Margaret will be  the CD in February? We'll be boarding the Explorer Feb 1st for Buenos Aires to Valparaiso (actually San Antonio) for cruise around the Cape of Horn. Also, I'd like to know if Captain Serena will be the captain. We have never cruised with her and I hear wonderful things about her. By the way, if you're staying in Cape Town, is a beautiful city. We have been there twice. Once for safari and once for Regent cruise Cape Town to Cape Town. I recommend this cruise.

Enjoy the cruise.

Good morning forever travel. I recall we shared that wonderful trip.  I will do my best to find out the schedule for both Margaret & Captain Serena. 

Funchal, Madeira today parked next to two P&O ships

64367347-C9F8-4FFD-880E-79F181DC82A6.jpeg.e7a626febd828bfbbd5b48e8bbdef1bd.jpeg

We have just had a light breakfast in our suite (beautifully presented as usual on Regent) and will now set off to take the shuttle into town.

Back for lunch and then on tour “Tea at Reids” this afternoon. Do we really need more food??  🤔

Flossie09, tea at Reid's is very enjoyable and the hotel is very nice. A good tour when in Funchal. Thank you for the nice pictures of Lisbon. I do enjoy that town. Continue to enjoy your cruise. We'll be on the Explorer next February. We are looking forward to it since we love the ship.

15 hours ago, 1982CruzStart said:

Main course was the beef medallion with foie gras. Was very tasty. 

That was our favorite meal on the Voyager but the foie gras looked a bit different.  We loved the sauce and asked our server for more.  Yum!

I had rack of lamb in Chartreuse (looked almost identical to the photo you posted).  It was fine but I've had better on Regent.  Those things (forget what they are) that are next to the lamb are definitely not my cup of tea.  I do think that the portion size of the lamb is minuscule compared to what we had in Prime 7 (which was considerably better than we had in Chartreuse).

8 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

That was our favorite meal on the Voyager but the foie gras looked a bit different.  We loved the sauce and asked our server for more.  Yum!

I had rack of lamb in Chartreuse (looked almost identical to the photo you posted).  It was fine but I've had better on Regent.  Those things (forget what they are) that are next to the lamb are definitely not my cup of tea.  I do think that the portion size of the lamb is minuscule compared to what we had in Prime 7 (which was considerably better than we had in Chartreuse).

I think what you are noticing is not the foie gras but another item on the plate that I can't tell you what it was as I don't remember.   I think the foie gras was hidden in that picture.