Independence in port early

fla gang

On 11/26/2018 at 3:38 AM, fla gang said:

Is the Independence scheduled to be in port this early 3:37am Monday November 26?

I was on this cruise, and thought it was odd also. I woke about 3:30, and was surprised to see that we were already back, as I thought cruises kept a fairly strict time schedule (excluding emergencies.) No explanation that I know of for our early return.

She had calm seas and a following wind coming out of Cozumel, so she may have made better time than usual getting back to port. We were on Brilliance and left Cozumel about 10 minutes after she did, and we also got in early to Tampa.

• Like 1

Been on multiple sailings that arrive early, happens. Use to be a regular thing in Miami... I remember waking at 3am one time as we sat 10miles from port for 3hrs at a dead stop. That was weird, think what woke me was the ship rocking side to side from waves... But as others suggested staying ahead of weather or possible longer turnaround scheduled. We may never know...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Been on multiple sailings that arrive early, happens. Use to be a regular thing in Miami... I remember waking at 3am one time as we sat 10miles from port for 3hrs at a dead stop. That was weird, think what woke me was the ship rocking side to side from waves... But as others suggested staying ahead of weather or possible longer turnaround scheduled. We may never know...

A couple of weeks ago on Allure I looked outside at 2am and we were stopped not far from port of Miami. We were docked by 4 or 4:30. 

• Like 1