Sky Zone on Carnival Panorama

shof515

On the new Carnival Panorama, an indoor trampoline will replace the area where the imax is on the vista/horizon on decks 6/7.

Press release from john heald facebook page:

Carnival Panorama to Feature First Sky Zone
Indoor Trampoline Park and Challenge Zone at Sea

When Carnival Panorama debuts in December 2019, it will introduce the first-ever indoor trampoline park and challenge zone at sea, in partnership with industry leader, Sky Zone.

Located on Decks 6 and 7, the expansive two-deck-high facility encompasses more than 3,000 square feet, providing high-flying fun for guests of all ages across a 12-lane trampoline court. Adjacent to the trampoline court will be a challenge zone equipped with a climbing wall, balance/jousting beam, Sky Ladder climbing apparatus and Tug of War.

Sky Zone will serve as the venue for a variety of activities that appeal to both the young and young at heart, including gravity-defying dodgeball games and above-the-rim basketball experiences where guests can become slam-dunk stars.

Other activities include nighttime blacklight glow parties, as well as toddler time sessions where young cruisers and their families can play with oversized soft blocks and participate in the bouncy fun. There will be various fitness activities planned for all levels from beginning to advanced to get the whole family moving. Additional details on Carnival Panorama’s Sky Zone will be announced in the near future.

Sky Zone is the originator in creating innovative ways to play with over 200 parks across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Australia, the United Kingdom, Norway, India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Columbia.

Sky Zone is one of many family-friendly amenities that will be featured on Carnival Panorama when it debuts in Long Beach next year, becoming the first new Carnival ship to be homeported on the West Coast in 20 years.

The 133,500-ton ship will also feature a massive WaterWorks aqua park, extra-roomy Family Harbor staterooms, a suspended ropes course, the SkyRide aerial attraction and Seuss at Sea, an exclusive partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises.

Carnival Panorama is set to debut Dec. 11, 2019, with a three-day inaugural cruise followed by the launch of year-round seven-day Mexican Riviera service on Dec. 14.

A trampoline park? Really. How 1967. 

Trampolines disappeared from public venues in the USA in the late 70's because the insurance companies raised rates so high to compensate for all the injuries from people breaking bones and getting concussions. 

I am booked on Panorama, but for the trampolines, I'm out. 

I'd prefer the iMax... Atleast people of all ages can do iMax. Only kids and young adults will be using this trampoline park. Regardless.... I'm not selecting my cruise based on iMax or a trampoline park so it really doesnt matter with me along as I'm on a ship.

Edited by Treyatl2006

31 minutes ago, Moviela said:

Trampolines disappeared from public venues in the USA in the late 70's because the insurance companies raised rates so high to compensate for all the injuries from people breaking bones and getting concussions. 

You must have not been around lately, as the article shows, skyzone is all over the place (like 200 locations), and is not even the only trampoline park out there (we have 2 in our small area).  They are pretty big, and stay busy, even if they can be dangerous.  I am not saying I would spend much time in there, but I know my kids liked it when they were younger, and it stayed pretty busy.  Dodge ball on tramps can be fun.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 11:20 AM, Moviela said:

Anyone who has kids now has been to trampoline parks.  Huge hit in 2018.  In a 10 mile radius around my house, I have a Skyzone, an Altitude, and 2 Urban Airs.  

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 12:20 PM, Moviela said:

You need to get out of the house more often. The Skyzone by my house is packed all of the time. Plus they have all kinds of special events and even exercise classes. It's in no shape or form out of style.

7 hours ago, rukkian said:

Exactly.  Having something that is tried and true on land makes sense before putting it in a ship.

This. You go for the tested and proven. Not some willy nilly idea in an attempt to be unique. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

Anyone who has kids now has been to trampoline parks.  Huge hit in 2018.  In a 10 mile radius around my house, I have a Skyzone, an Altitude, and 2 Urban Airs.  

Exactly what I was thinking. These parks are a dime a dozen now. I’m not saying my kid won’t love it, but it’s not a new or innovative concept like the sky ride or RCCL flow rider.  

1 minute ago, Sotermarler said:

Exactly what I was thinking. These parks are a dime a dozen now. I’m not saying my kid won’t love it, but it’s not a new or innovative concept like the sky ride or RCCL flow rider.  

Neither the skyride nor the flowrider were new when they were put on a ship.  While the skyride was more limited, I have seen them for years in touristy areas.  For the flowrider, pretty much every water park in america has them at this point, and they were out way before RCI ever put them out.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rukkian said:

Neither the skyride nor the flowrider were new when they were put on a ship.  While the skyride was more limited, I have seen them for years in touristy areas.  For the flowrider, pretty much every water park in america has them at this point, and they were out way before RCI ever put them out.

Maybe but we don’t have a lot of Flowriders in AZ, so they are new to me.  😂

• 1 month later...

My kids LOVE the Sky Zone where we live, and as others have said, it’s always packed. I just asked my 9 year old son what he thinks about a Sky Zone on a cruise ship and he did his happy dance. 😂

wow I am looking forward to this.

I booked an October Cabana Cabin Balcony at the back of the ship for a really good price from LA.  Cheaper than Caribbean.

And now I see they put something in place of IMAX.

Good going Carnival.  Keep up with RCI and NCL.  With all the food that ships serve, it is nice to have ways to burn the calories and have fun.  Anthem of the Seas has bumper cars and roller skating and it is popular.