RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

43 minutes ago, slyster said:

Bob, does the VOOM package apply to both guests in a cabin meaning, I can use VOOM and my wife can use VOOM at the same time?  We purchased the Key for $19.99 a day.  I may try to bid on a grand suite because it's our anniversary and starting bid for it is $300 each.  I figure what to do I have to lose.  If I get it, I can cancel the Key since it wouldn't be as much of a benefit for us.  ETA:  Our cruise is in 30 days.

Yes, if you are in a Sky or Star class suite (this is only on Oasis and Quantum class ships), each guest booked in the suite gets their own 1-device VOOM package.

30 minutes ago, slyster said:

I seem to recall if you booked a grand suite or higher you could get free room service.  Is that still the case?

Yes, this is true for a GS or better on all ships.

ahhh ok.  I could still cancel they Key and just get us a VOOM package.  I would think we could do that.  I put in the minimum I could bid for the GS so I doubt we will get it anyway.  Thanks again!

Just now, slyster said:

ahhh ok.  I could still cancel they Key and just get us a VOOM package.  I would think we could do that.  I put in the minimum I could bid for the GS so I doubt we will get it anyway.  Thanks again!

I believe I read that the bid rejections could come as late as 24 hours before the cruise, so too late to cancel anything via the website.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I believe I read that the bid rejections could come as late as 24 hours before the cruise, so too late to cancel anything via the website.

hmmm, I hadn't thought about that.  I would be shocked if we won our bid though.  Good to know though. How far in advance do you have to cancel via the website?

3 minutes ago, slyster said:

hmmm, I hadn't thought about that.  I would be shocked if we won our bid though.  Good to know though. How far in advance do you have to cancel via the website?

I believe the limit is 72 hours.

3 minutes ago, slyster said:

I’m curious.  Have folks noticed an average of how soon or how close to sail date they win their bids or is it all over the place?

From what I remember reading on here anywhere from 3 weeks ahead (rare) to 3 - 5 days ahead (more common)

If you use royal up for a Junior Suite do you get 2 points per night? 

The Crown and Anchor info says s suite is 2 points per night "complementary, promotional and/or reduced rate upgrades will not receive additional cruise points if final berth upgrade is in a suite when moved from a lower stateroom category".   So, is RoyalUp included in that statment?

1 minute ago, JuliaMS said:

If you use royal up for a Junior Suite do you get 2 points per night?  ...

No, not unless you were already in a stateroom category that gave 2 points per night.

• Like 1

Just now, JuliaMS said:

If you use royal up for a Junior Suite do you get 2 points per night? 

The Crown and Anchor info says s suite is 2 points per night "complementary, promotional and/or reduced rate upgrades will not receive additional cruise points if final berth upgrade is in a suite when moved from a lower stateroom category".   So, is RoyalUp included in that statment?

Our RCCL Vacation Planner said that a RoyalUp suite upgrade would not earn double points...

5 hours ago, slyster said:

I’m curious.  Have folks noticed an average of how soon or how close to sail date they win their bids or is it all over the place?

I would assume they wait up until as close to sail date as possible.

But then my question is how efficient are they to transfer any pre-cruise purchase things to then apply/coordinate with the cabin number change?

9 hours ago, slyster said:

Guys this was an issue am having..

I am booked in a Junior Suite and bought the Key for the Ovation to Alaska in September as the perks work well together. I have bid on a Grand Suite which if successful, makes the Key perks pretty useless in most ways. When I asked RCCL on 2 seperate occasions if I could cancel the Key if the upgrade was successful, they said I could only cancel the key up to 4 days out from sailing. I said I might not hear about the upgrade until 1 day out which seemed kind of silly which they said sorry thats the policy. I sent an email to corporate and sort of questioned how this is logical and they agreed it was a little silly and they would look into it. I have an email from Mike Bermudez advising me to contact him if the bid is successful and he will organise the refund of the Key for me.. See below.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Sir:
Thank you for contacting the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean International. Your correspondence was forwarded to my attention upon review, and I welcome the opportunity to respond.  
I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am forwarding your concern over to our operational team for their internal review as you bring up a very valid point. 
Nevertheless, I fully understand your concern and should your bid be successful after the time to cancel 'The Key' has passed please let me know directly, and I will be happy to ensure you receive your $349.86 in full for The Key.
Best Regards,
Mike Bermudez 
Executive Office
Royal Guest Experience Management
______________________________________________________________________________________

This response came the same day I sent the email so service was excellent. So much so, I went back into my Royal Up bid and bumped it up a bit knowing I would get my Key money back if it is successful. Great service from corporate.. Fingers crossed I get it now!

Hope this helps!
Cheers
Edited by TonRin
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, TonRin said:

Guys this was an issue am having..

I am booked in a Junior Suite and bought the Key for the Ovation to Alaska in September as the perks work well together. I have bid on a Grand Suite which if successful, makes the Key perks pretty useless in most ways. When I asked RCCL on 2 seperate occasions if I could cancel the Key if the upgrade was successful, they said I could only cancel the key up to 4 days out from sailing. I said I might not hear about the upgrade until 1 day out which seemed kind of silly which they said sorry thats the policy. I sent an email to corporate and sort of questioned how this is logical and they agreed it was a little silly and they would look into it. I have an email from Mike Bermudez advising me to contact him if the bid is successful and he will organise the refund of the Key for me.. See below.

Dear Sir:
Thank you for contacting the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean International. Your correspondence was forwarded to my attention upon review, and I welcome the opportunity to respond.  
I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am forwarding your concern over to our operational team for their internal review as you bring up a very valid point. 
Nevertheless, I fully understand your concern and should your bid be successful after the time to cancel 'The Key' has passed please let me know directly, and I will be happy to ensure you receive your $349.86 in full for The Key.
Best Regards,
Mike Bermudez 
Executive Office
Royal Guest Experience Management

This response came the same day I sent the email so service was excellent. So much so, I went back into my Royal Up bid and bumped it up a bit knowing I would get my Key money back if it is successful. Great service from corporate.. Fingers crossed I get it now!

Hope this helps!
Cheers

Nicely done!  Do you mind sharing that email address for corporate?

Edited by Ready2SailAway
clarification

Thanks for that information.  I didn’t know you had to cancel the Key at least four days out.  I’m glad you asked about it.  

I agree getting a GS with the Key makes no sense.  IF I get the upgrade, I would be getting a GS for total of $2100.  (7 night Freedom).  It would be a really great deal so that’s why I don’t think I’ll get it.  

Thanks for sharing your experience! And I hope you get your upgrade!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

There has been discussion somewhere that they will let you cancel Key, VOOM, etc.. onboard if you get a GS or better. 

It was in the past few days

See post #2979

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

See post #2979

True,

it was my conversation last week discussing this issue that your talking about.

I originally sent my request to the RCCL office in Australia as thats the area I am in. The response was pretty much 'Computer says NOOOOO!!".

I then sent the question to the Royal Up email address and Mr. Bayley here: 

cruiseadmin.au@rcclapac.com 

mbayley@rccl.com

Thats where I got the response from Mike Bermudez from. I guess Mr. Bayley's emails go to someone to vet before they get to him.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TonRin said:

True,

it was my conversation last week discussing this issue that your talking about.

I originally sent my request to the RCCL office in Australia as thats the area I am in. The response was pretty much 'Computer says NOOOOO!!".

I then sent the question to the Royal Up email address and Mr. Bayley here: 

cruiseadmin.au@rcclapac.com 

mbayley@rccl.com

Thats where I got the response from Mike Bermudez from. I guess Mr. Bayley's emails go to someone to vet before they get to him.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

I feel like the moderator of this thread. 😇Thanks for sharing your story

Edited by John&LaLa