RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You get the points from your original cabin booked and the benefits of the cabin you are sailing in 

And pay the grats for the cabin you sail in.

So if you book a balcony and bid up to a GS, you'd pay suite level gratuities, get suite benefits, but only get 1 point per night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Which is one of the reasons we didn't make a bid.

Just because of the points ?? This certainly isn't (wouldn't ever be) a deal breaker for me...guess it is for you.

9 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi 

I just made an offer on  RoyalUp, I have a suite( navigator)  before making an offer but I was wondering if the offer gets accepted do I still get the suite benefits.

Thank you 

you have a suite ? grand ? Royal? what offer on which suite? 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/faq/topics/royal-up?wuc=AUS

4 hours ago, ElizaZ said:

How are people able to see what rooms are still showing as available? 

I have a weak bid in for SB to JS leaving Sunday. I might increase it a bit today. 

Even though other sites show available rooms in many cases there are rooms that Royal  is holding that do not show up on any site.  You can’t use “not seeing any available rooms” as a basis to form a decision 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 7:27 PM, Ashland said:

If a cruise is showing no suites (GS and above) available why is RCI still offering RoyalUp bids?

There hadn't been any suites showing available on our cruise for weeks. Yet we still won our bid for a CL suite. You never know.

It is 7:30pm the night before we sail and we still have not received any status update on the bid on our second cabin. I fully expect to get the denial email, but I would just like it confirmed, lol.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, 3shar said:

Has anyone ever gotten a royal up email for a star class suite? 

I know people who have gotten such emails but I do not know anyone who has actually been upgraded to Star Class.  No ship has more than 11 Star Class Suites so the chance of actually being upgraded to one has to be small.  For example, on the Symphony of the Seas, one out of every 250 accommodations is Star Class.

Couple of questions about this!

1. Does the category of room you book have any effect on what rooms they offer to upgrade you to? (i.e if I'm booked in an interior, would I still receive an offer for a star class room, assuming one was available).

2. Does the class of room you're booked in appear to have any effect on how your bids do? (same as above, if I'm booked in an interior and bid on a star class room, do I have a worse chance than if I were a balcony of JS)

3. If I get upgraded to a room with a larger capacity (or a suite with suite benefits) and wanted to move someone from another room onboard in to mine, is that allowed?

Not trying to game the system or anything, just curious how it works and thinking ahead to possibly booking my next cruise as an interior, and if theres a chance to upgrade to a nicer room, I'd do it, otherwise I'd just stay as is happily!

1 minute ago, ryanbarckley said:

1. Does the category of room you book have any effect on what rooms they offer to upgrade you to? (i.e if I'm booked in an interior, would I still receive an offer for a star class room, assuming one was available).

2. Does the class of room you're booked in appear to have any effect on how your bids do? (same as above, if I'm booked in an interior and bid on a star class room, do I have a worse chance than if I were a balcony of JS)

3. If I get upgraded to a room with a larger capacity (or a suite with suite benefits) and wanted to move someone from another room onboard in to mine, is that allowed?

Not trying to game the system or anything, just curious how it works and thinking ahead to possibly booking my next cruise as an interior, and if theres a chance to upgrade to a nicer room, I'd do it, otherwise I'd just stay as is happily!

Royal has not publicly shared their algorithm for offerings and selections.  You cannot move others into your ugraded stateroom.

4 minutes ago, ryanbarckley said:

1.  Yes  I don't think I have heard of anyone in an interior cabin being offered star class to bid on

You can not move others into your new stateroom

2 minutes ago, ryanbarckley said:

I do not know the answer to your third question but the answer to your first two questions is yes.  However, it is not so much the "category of room" you book as how much you have paid for your original reservation (which is closely related).  They have a formula for evaluating bids that seems to take account of the amount you already paid so if two people bid the same amount for the same room category, the one who has already paid more for his or her original room has a better chance of winning.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, actuarian said:

I know people who have gotten such emails but I do not know anyone who has actually been upgraded to Star Class.  No ship has more than 11 Star Class Suites so the chance of actually being upgraded to one has to be small.  For example, on the Symphony of the Seas, one out of every 250 accommodations is Star Class.

If I remember correctly, someone had posted a review on Cruise Critic about the Star Class Suite they got on a Royal Up bid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We booked a guaranteed Ocean view on the Mariner and got assigned a Port Hole cabin by the elevators on Deck 2, I increased my bid to $125 each and it got accepted today to 8th floor balcony. We leave on the 16th so 9 days out. I have a feeling we have been played a little but wife is happy

1 hour ago, ryanbarckley said:

I have not read about anyone with a booked Interior being offered a chance to bid on a Star Class Suite.  Not saying it's impossible, I just have not seen it.

I had an Interior and my Royal UP possibilities were Ocean View, Ocean View Balcony, and Spacious Ocean View Balcony.  I think there are too many levels to jump to be offered a bidding chance on a star class suit from an Interior.

dp

1 minute ago, dpostman said:

I had an Interior and my Royal UP possibilities were Ocean View, Ocean View Balcony, and Spacious Ocean View Balcony.  I think there are too many levels to jump to be offered a bidding chance on a star class suit from an Interior.

dp

And our options from a Jr Suite (which we are still waiting to find the results of) were Grand Suite, Owner's Suite and Sky Loft Suite.  No opportunity for a Star level cabin.

Maybe they offer the next 3 categories of upgrades for the most part, unless you are bidding on a balcony cabin (which has multiple cagetories all by itself).  

We just made final on an upcoming cruise and left Royal for about a year doing other cruises.  Can anyone give me a synopsis of about how much to bid up if we get an email?  We’re in a spacious balcony.  How much would I bid on average to be in the ballgame for a suite?  And we don’t get double points if we bid up? 

I might not not normally be interested but with an FCC and points from Royal CC we’ve paid almost nothing for this cruise out of pocket. This leaves an opportunity to spend a little more.

3 hours ago, ryanbarckley said:

3 hours ago, actuarian said:

I do not know the answer to your third question but the answer to your first two questions is yes.  However, it is not so much the "category of room" you book as how much you have paid for your original reservation (which is closely related).  They have a formula for evaluating bids that seems to take account of the amount you already paid so if two people bid the same amount for the same room category, the one who has already paid more for his or her original room has a better chance of winning.

Well well well - this is the first time I've heard of this tie-breaker algorithm!

What say you, oh great & powerful Host Clarea?  :classic_cool:

Edited by Ready2SailAway

5 hours ago, 3shar said:

Has anyone ever gotten a royal up email for a star class suite? 

On my last Harmony cruise I was able to bid on a Star class.  Same as with my upcoming Harmony cruise.  There have also been posts within this thread that people have bid on Star class. 

4 hours ago, actuarian said:

Someone in this thread has commented that she won a 2 Bedroom ATS.  Someone else posted on CC their experience of being in a Star class suite that was won from bidding. 

4 hours ago, actuarian said:

There are no facts to back up your statement.  This is speculation.  No one knows how bids are won.  They could be won by who bid first, who bid the highest or any other random criteria that Royal has not made public. 

3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

And our options from a Jr Suite (which we are still waiting to find the results of) were Grand Suite, Owner's Suite and Sky Loft Suite.  No opportunity for a Star level cabin.

Maybe they offer the next 3 categories of upgrades for the most part, unless you are bidding on a balcony cabin (which has multiple cagetories all by itself).  

I was in a JS on the Harmony and my bid options were a GS, CLS, 1 and 2 Bedroom ATS, Sky suite and the Villa suite.  

39 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

I was in a JS on the Harmony and my bid options were a GS, CLS, 1 and 2 Bedroom ATS, Sky suite and the Villa suite.  

Interesting. Did you have two people, or more in the cabin (to be offered 2 bdr cabins)?

There’s only two of us. Wondering if that makes a difference. 🙂

Edited by barbeyg