RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

On 8/7/2019 at 7:04 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Even though other sites show available rooms in many cases there are rooms that Royal  is holding that do not show up on any site.  You can’t use “not seeing any available rooms” as a basis to form a decision 

Can a good TA see those cabins. 🤔

On 8/7/2019 at 1:40 PM, cured said:

There hadn't been any suites showing available on our cruise for weeks. Yet we still won our bid for a CL suite. You never know.

It is 7:30pm the night before we sail and we still have not received any status update on the bid on our second cabin. I fully expect to get the denial email, but I would just like it confirmed, lol.

I got the denial email for our current cruise this past Saturday night.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Just about zero chance of that happening. 

"Stranger Things" have happened...my booked cabin can hold 6 cruiser's. We'll see...I might be open to change cabins from one leg to the next, but as I said ... if not I'm happy trying out this new (to me) category.

Edited by Ashland

Just got my unsuccessful bid notice for our sailing tomorrow. We are in a Grand Suite and bid on an owners and 2 bed aquatheater. Paid $3,600.00 for our grand suite. Just wanted to give complete "picture" of what we paid and what we bid. Not disappointed, just thought I would give it a try. I called Royal 2 weeks ago and they told me suites were completely sold out and waitlisted so I knew it was a long shot . Very excited for my cruise tomorrow!

20190810_215553.png

20190810_215511.png

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Tricia28 said:

Just got my unsuccessful bid notice for our sailing tomorrow. We are in a Grand Suite and bid on an owners and 2 bed aquatheater. Paid $3,600.00 for our grand suite. Just wanted to give complete "picture" of what we paid and what we bid. Not disappointed, just thought I would give it a try. I called Royal 2 weeks ago and they told me suites were completely sold out and waitlisted so I knew it was a long shot . Very excited for my cruise tomorrow!

20190810_215553.png

20190810_215511.png

Thanks so much for posting what this unsuccessful bid email actually looks like.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The inventory manager on Harmony told me his Newcastle comes from England. 😁🍺

Sadly the big breweries in North East England (Newcastle, Federation,and Vaux closed years ago.

Thankfully there are several small

Micro Breweries now brewing a range of local real ales

Screenshot_20190811_081155_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

• Thanks 2

Does anyone know if it’s possible to change the credit card for Royal Up? I bid 4 weeks ago (for 8/18 Harmony) but I would prefer to use a different card. I can see how I amend my bid but can’t see an option to change payment details.

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

...I might be open to change cabins from one leg to the next, but as I said ...

That's where the close to zero chance comes in - the chances of a successful Royal Up upgrade are small enough as it is but getting the same cabin on a B2B are very low.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingcole said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to change the credit card for Royal Up? I bid 4 weeks ago (for 8/18 Harmony) but I would prefer to use a different card. I can see how I amend my bid but can’t see an option to change payment details.

I believe you have to cancel and re bid  You can try modify but the last time I tried that the only thing I could change was the bid amount

Edited by molly361

On 8/7/2019 at 9:55 AM, 3shar said:

Has anyone ever gotten a royal up email for a star class suite? 

I'm booked in an L2 Sky Loft on Allure for 9/29.  My RoyalUp offerings were:

- A1 1BR Aqua Theater Suite (didn't bid)

- A2 2BR Aqua Theater Suite (bid $650PP)

- TL Star Loft Suite (bid $1200PP)

I placed bids on the A2 and SL suites just for the jump from Sky to Star class.  I'm traveling solo on this one, so if I win the A2 it'll be weird shambling around in a 2BR by myself.  😛 

Edited by mk-ultra

On 8/8/2019 at 3:29 PM, mlm05001 said:

I am not sure if this was addressed or not yet, but I just booked a last minute sailing (1.5 weeks out), will I still be offered RoyalUp? I went to the link, and I get an error message saying to make sure the sailing is within 30 days. How long before I will be able to access the system or will I not be eligible? Thanks! 

I got my offer email exactly 60 days out.  Others have reported very different timing.

Edited by mk-ultra

4 minutes ago, Tom47 said:

We booked mid ship cabins because of motion sickness.  Am I correct that I can't specify a mid ship only upgrade bid?

Correct, you have no control of what will be selected for you if you win the bid.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Correct, you have no control of what will be selected for you if you win the bid.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will explain this to my daughter.  We are bringing them on our 50th anniversary cruise in March on Adventure, 3 in 1 cabin and 4 in another adjoining cabin.

4 minutes ago, Tom47 said:

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will explain this to my daughter.  We are bringing them on our 50th anniversary cruise in March on Adventure, 3 in 1 cabin and 4 in another adjoining cabin.

There's also no way to ensure you will have staterooms near each other let alone connected. 

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

There's also no way to ensure you will have staterooms near each other let alone connected. 

DD said that it would be ok if was an upgrade to a different part of the ship, but I'm not sure if she understood about the mid ship issue.